Reviews for "Cycle; Fourth Moon"

This is a great simulation game. Great job.

Thanks! Means a lot :)

It is a great game, of it's kind.

The most important thing I find about it is, let us say, "coziness" of the little virtual planet,
that would very much not do without balancing aspects like [shops don't work at night], [there is one day a week that shop gives a 50% discount] yet [the player should not feel like he has "Not made it in time! aww" too much].

That balancing is an arguement, in my disagreement with some point a number of reviewers have expressed, the point that the player is moved with a keyboard, the letterbox or the other thing gets activated with a keyboard, yet the opened menu needs a mouse click to close. Well, that is actually good, cause it keeps the game experience in the line of not being a "Shift"-like skill mastery ground, but of "coziness." ':)

JackAstral responds:

Thanks! Great points- coziness is definitely what I was going for. :)

great around the world game :D just hope gets a save feature added on

JackAstral responds:

Thanks! You can save by pressing the escape key :)

Really love this game, fun to play and a good way to kill time like a flash version of animal crossing. But my saves don't seem to work properly.

I came for the medals and stayed for the awesomely fun game. Haha. But no, really. I spent hoouurss playing around with all the little activities even after I paid off the mortgage. (It's never been so much fun to do so!!) I've never played Animal Crossing or anything like it before, but now I'm thinking it's sorta my thing. Just a couple things: it would be nice to know how many times I've mined for ores rather than how many ores I ended up finding (..just so it's easier for me to count how many more to get the medal; just like with the fishing counter). I recently got it after finding 96 ores. Also, because everything was pictured kinda small (but the backgrounds for each part of the day were beautiful. Nighttime, 9pm, and early morning, 4-ish, are my favorites.), maybe you could put in a little title that appears when the player hovers over the item in the inventory sections. I couldn't figure out what fish was which, and I had the same problem with the types of items for your Mine Quest game. (I've never played Minecraft either.) One more thing: maybe you could add in a button to easily close the menus (like Space or Enter as the "Continue" option) kinda like you have the Esc as a saving option, ..if that makes sense, so there isn't so much clicking around. I really appreciate the Space to do actions. In the end, I just really liked playing the game, earning the medals, and achieving the goal. I look forward to playing more of your games!