For the month of April we have disabled ads on all E-M content. We need 43 people to reach our goal of 3,000 active supporters. If we hit that, we'll continue with a new goal in May!

Reviews for "Cycle; Fourth Moon"

Pretty interesting game. One problem that I came across (at least for me) is medals not unlocking. I have the "mine 25 cracks" achievement in game, but didn't unlock the medal. This is happened to me on other games, so it's probably just my side.

JackAstral responds:

Thanks dude! I think that's a little problem newgrounds has sometimes. If you check your profile you should have the medals!

Why play this.

#1 the controls are stupid make it keyboard or mouse only or make it so that i can use both without switching repeatedly

#2 THE MUSIC IS JUST NOISE it's not nice to listen to

#2 the sound is too loud as well

#4 if i wanted to play this kind of game why play this when any of the animal crossing are infinity better especially when this is basically ripped off animal crossing

Oh and hurray for getting kicked out of the store before i knew what i was doing this game is pretty much wasted effort. also selecting a tool from the store takes forever if it's any of the items between two

JackAstral responds:

Ahaha fair enough. I'll work on improving some of the things you mentioned. Thanks for trying it out anyway!

What is this? A game for ants?

Ahaha

I quite liked this, I got to past the paying of the mortgage before quitting it. I agree with the mouse thing someone mentioned. I actually did adjust fairly quick to using both but would have been nice to just use the keyboard.

I reckon the mailbox would have been pretty cool to have been updated past the start. Maybe have a letter every now and then offering tips like mentioning hints about the villagers who pay double money for fish, ores etc :)

JackAstral responds:

Thanks! Yeah a lot of people seem to agree that the keyboard/mouse controls are kinda iffy. I'll work on improving them ASAP.

Great idea for the letterbox- I'll definitely add something like that in a future version :)

It is a great game, of it's kind.

The most important thing I find about it is, let us say, "coziness" of the little virtual planet,
that would very much not do without balancing aspects like [shops don't work at night], [there is one day a week that shop gives a 50% discount] yet [the player should not feel like he has "Not made it in time! aww" too much].

That balancing is an arguement, in my disagreement with some point a number of reviewers have expressed, the point that the player is moved with a keyboard, the letterbox or the other thing gets activated with a keyboard, yet the opened menu needs a mouse click to close. Well, that is actually good, cause it keeps the game experience in the line of not being a "Shift"-like skill mastery ground, but of "coziness." ':)

JackAstral responds:

Thanks! Great points- coziness is definitely what I was going for. :)