Reviews for "One World"

It's not by any means a bad game, the beginning is great creating land and watching it change as you add plants but once you add things like people and temples you start to get weird things like giant brown and red patches show up, it's not bad I just would like to see more like little dots represent people have them create villages, have them build temples and cities hell they could even have wars and fight for you. I don't know maybe I'm expecting too much I guess I just see this game having a lot of potential and not seeing it fully realized.

The music in this game is beautiful. However the game needs improvement. I would love to see this concept taken to a higher level! being able to see animals/plants/temples.... also the ability to throw fireballs and war... i know this is a crazy advanced concept, but it would be amazing if you could make this. Very good, just limited. Please make more

It's a good concept, and fairly well-executed. However, land graphics aren't that great compared to ocean graphics, which is a shame, because it's the only physical change you can see in the game. I haven't seen any evidence of plants pop up.

And that's another thing. It would be a lot more immersive if you could zoom in on the planet far enough to see plants/animals/humans/etc.

You've got something good, but it needs work. 3.5/5

You play God in an idle game that doesn't have much to it. The only unique aspect of the game is that the two planets (titled One World?) physically evolve as you upgrade them, mostly by use of uninspired geometrical hedrons that emerge from the ocean and land. It is nice to observe the changing of the planets, but what it comes down to in the end is being a poor man's version of Cookie Clicker. Once the additions to the planets become much less noticeable, I lost interest in continuing as I wasn't given much reason to continue.

Perhaps there could have been more strategy actually involved -- too little atmosphere would result in the planet not being able to sustain life very well. Too little plants would result in animals dying, and too little animals would result in humans slowly dying. In order to have prophets, you first need humans, and to have temples, you first need prophets, etc. Failing to ensure life is sustained would show a planet slowly decaying rather than growing healthy. In some ways, the game could be expanded to offer much more variety and incentive in furthering the evolution (or destruction) of a planet and its inhabitants.

As it is, I have hardly any humans, animals, plants, bacteria, and organisms since prophets and temples offer the biggest gain in spirit. These two are really all you need to "beat" the game, and the only reason I continued to allocate spirit into the other choices was to see how it affected the planet's identity. The modifications quickly seized, however; yet there is still plenty of unoccupied land available on both planets. I imagine the humans would eventually become technologically advanced enough to have built spacecraft, for example.

I suppose my influence on the two planets has come to an end, though, as I don't see myself coming back to the game in its current version. The two planets and their well-being is up to the humans now.

I have mixed thoughts on this game. On one hand it's an addicting little pass time where the only real goal is the personal challenge to go as far as possible. On the other hand, it became very boring very quickly. It was really cool to watch the world start to form as the various upgrades were obtained in greater quantities, and the little phrases with each upgrade were usually fairly funny. Both quickly grow old though as there isn't enough variety or new changes after the first little while.

As I write this review I'm sitting on a base Spirit/sec of 5 quadrillion. I have at least 3k of each upgrade for the first planet and at least 1k on all but the last three upgrades (lowest is 150) on the second planet. Unfortunately there is no real end in sight, and for a game that offers so little variety over an extended period of play, that's a real shame. I enjoyed it for what it was, but I wouldn't play it again.