Reviews for "God's Assassin"

It took me 3 hours to get all the endings, and I was wishing for more. Then I saw your other game, The Thousand Dollars Soul and got all the endings there too. Both of them are a fantastic piece of storytelling and I think bioware should hire you to make something really cool. But, I have only one question to you mate, Are the Angela from TDS related to this one? Because if it is, it is fucking awesome.

GregLoire responds:

Wow, thanks! That is indeed the same Angela. I was wondering if anyone would notice! I think you're the first. I wanted to have her in there with full art to establish that this story takes place in the same universe as Thousand Dollar Soul. There are a few other small crossover elements too.

I'm currently working on a full-length, non-interactive novel titled Reality Tunnels that will be a sequel to both stories simultaneously. It will be free to read if I ever actually finish it. Anyway, your encouragement is greatly appreciated!

I love CYOA games!!!

They love you back!

Heh. Masterpiece. I got 24/25, even tho i thought i tried all reply option.

It makes you think, however. I wish we could find out. The truth. Or at least... keeping finding as many fragment as possible as long as we can.

GregLoire responds:

You have raised a critical point here. The truth doesn't end! There are two types of people in the world: truth "knowers" and truth seekers.

There is an interesting dynamic at play here, because people who acknowledge that they don't know the truth are the ones who keep seeking it, and these people are usually closer to the truth than people who claim to already know the truth, since the latter category stops seeking it. NEVER stop seeking! There is always more to learn, and it's always amazing.

Hell yeah dude. Wonderful game, nice characterization, great setting, appropriate but funny jokes and lots of good stuff. I've been searching for online text-base games like this one. Your game is in high-quality. Good job! Looking forward for more games from ya.

Just a little suggestion. How about condensing the endings? I guess players will be happy to read a handful of main stories with their own development rather than plenty of lame endings. Also, why not lengthen some major 'good' endings? This would give a contrast between lame endings and true endings. Sometimes I found the better endings (those before #10) comes all of a sudden, which cannot fully brings out the message/ background of your story. Still good though! Thanks for creating such a nice game!

Heh... I liked the reference to thousand dollar soul. The whole thing was quite amusing. The biggest downside is that I don't have any friends with both the religious experience and existential angst to appreciate this.