Reviews for "JUGGERNAUT II: Uprising"

I'm not even an 1/8 done with the game yet and I love it I especially love Eryn's fail speech "why do I even bother?"

TheEnkian responds:

I tried to make a lot of the kill lines a little snarky. My favourite is yet to come, I'll not spoil it for you though :)

I played both eps of Juggernaut I will have to say that there's lot of improvement in this one compared to the previous one. It has good story and dialogues, side quests, better animation and graphics, difficulty and item drop rate is decent (not ridiculous like the first one), buyable items and equipment, and voice acting. You got all the basics of a good SNES/old-fashioned RPG covered, although there are lots of improvements needed to be done IMO.

The first thing that ticks me off is that I have to use both keyboard and mouse. While it might not bother many people, it feels awkward and less smooth for me. It'll be much nicer if I can just use either keyboard or mouse only.

Also, the encounter rate is too high. It is stupid when I can't walk for more than 5-10 secs in peace. Either reduce this or provide us with encounter-decreasing items.

Magics needs some improvement/balancing as well. The elemental spheres, for example, are practically useless. Doesn't deal more than normal attack even on the beginning, and damage doesn't scale. Same thing goes to other magics and heal. I'd rather use a pot than a 57hp heal.

Equipments are scarce. There are only weapons available, and they don't give any bonuses or anything except for extra damage. It suits the game because there's no stats system, but if you want to make it that simple, additions of armor(s) and/or accessory(ies) will be much appreciated.

Lastly, the levels and towns feels a bit empty. I'm not even sure how to explain it clearly, but try to make the towns smaller in size or make the houses larger, or both? More texture and terrain variation on the floor might help as well.

All in all, this is a nice game but still have lots of places for improvement. As I have said before ,you got all the basic needs covered. I'm looking forward for ep 3.

TheEnkian responds:

Thanks, I'm glad that you thought this was a big progression from the last one. Fair enough comment about the dual keyboard/mouse thing, it's definitely something to think about for JUGGERNAUT III. I'm not certain if we'll do it like this or not, but I'm considering the idea of having enemies appear on the overworld rather than random encounters. It'll be a little more work graphically, but if it improves the game enough, it could be very much worth it.

The spheres actually inflict status effects so they can be very useful even late in the game. The mistake was not making it more obvious that that's most of what their purpose is. The skills and spells will definitely be overhauled though, they'll have more impact and grow a lot more through the game than just having to rely on basic attacks and one or two skills.

I think we might go slightly back to the way of JUGGERNAUT I and have accessories in the game, possibly armour, but I don't know at the moment. I'm not sure if that'll be down to crafting or found in chests and shops yet.

I actually mentioned that in response to another review. Although there are plenty of houses and NPCs in town, the areas themselves lack character. I think it's at least partially a graphical issue, having more detailed graphics can make the houses look bigger and stand out more, a few more people running around actively could help too as well as various things littering the town like crates, barrels, flower pots, etc.

Thanks for the in depth review, hopefully JUGGERNAUT III can really deliver on all of this stuff :)

I thought this game was pretty cool, but something I didn't like was that when you saved, it asked if you wanted to continue playing. I honestly don't think that's needed. I also thought the music was repetitive in the battles.

but this is just so similar to the pokemon games. the house layout and the battles.

also, it would be awesome if the HP of the opponent showed.

TheEnkian responds:

We figured it wouldn't hurt to have the option to return to the menu. Glad you enjoyed it!

Hi, I can play Juggernaut 1 but Juggernaut 2 isn't starting. When I push "play" just a white screen appears and nothing happens.
Can anybody help me with this? I already updated adobe Flash but no use. I have no clue what it is.
(hm I will give it 4 stars without having played it :-D ... ;-(

TheEnkian responds:

PM MSGhero, he's the programming wizard of the team so he should be the most helpful. Hope it gets fixed for you!

Nice work! Plays well. Shame it's not 8 directional, but has a real Final Fantasy vibe about it.

TheEnkian responds:

Don't get many reviews for this game anymore! Glad you enjoyed it, thanks for checking it out.