Reviews for "JUGGERNAUT II: Uprising"

Really well made! I wouldn't expect to find something like this as a flash game! The music is nice and the voice acting keeps the story interesting!
PS: I'm not sure if there is something like this in the game as I haven't finished it, but something like a "Repel" from Pokemon would be nice, as the creatures you find in forests kinda get annoying. (for me, at least.)

TheEnkian responds:

The kind words are much appreciated, thank you. There isn't any form of repel or anything, no, but in future games having some method of avoiding enemy encounters would be a good thing. Whether that's having enemies visible on the overworld or a button press when enemies "draw near" to avoid the battle or something, I'm not sure yet. Items may be the best way to go, it gives the money in the game further purpose. We'll see :)

This is a huge improvement than the first. I like the style on movement and interactionb with various items within your environment. The voice-acting on the characters was a nice edition to the story-line. However, in some rare occasions when I finish a battle, I hear a small cut of music shortly repeating itself over again unless I fast travel to another area. I enjoyed this amazing experience, and I can not wait for #3 to come out. Keep up the great work you guys! :3

TheEnkian responds:

Thank you :) Ah yes, I think somebody mentioned the music thing a few reviews ago. I hope III doesn't disappoint whenever we get to it!

Darn... It's a shame it was so short...

Anyways this game was just great! The voice acting was good too. The only problem I have with it is that there are some typos in it. Also this was just so short. Regardless I am eagerly awaiting number 3.

TheEnkian responds:

If you fancy the challenge, there's the New Game+? Tougher enemies and no option to flee. What were the typos? I thought we got them all :S

A great game that was improved greatly in comparison with its prequel, so good job on that. There's more to do and leveling up and earning money is more feasible. The plot so far had been interesting, and, as such, eagerly await the sequel.

The only advice that I would have is changing how easily the earlier inns are traveled to or make it so that all the inns increase to a set price as the game progresses because in all honesty, I just use the first inn since it's the cheapest. If you are keeping the different prices, you should make it so the player has to travel there by passing through the earlier towns or a la Final Fantasy, by walking around the overworld (I see you are including one from the comments) to the previous town.

The only trouble I am having is finding the heat steel. I have fought in different areas repeatedly, but have yet to even come across it, which is rather frustrating (so much so that I took a few days break from the game). If you could point me in the right direction with that, it would be much appreciated.

Thanks again for the great game and good luck with the sequel.

TheEnkian responds:

What I tried to do with the inns was give the player an option of convenience or price, the increase in price was higher than it probably should have been though.

Sorry, no, we don't have any plans to include an overworld, you might have misunderstood? It's a good idea in theory, but we'll be sticking with a world map where you select options. There will be optional areas and a split path or two that'll make it feel a bit more open though if that helps?

Heat steel may or may not be obtained from certain fiery lizards in Mt. Fartha...maaaybe ;)

You already made me squeel that it has voice-acting! Freaking love RPGs so im gonna enjoy this! Thanks for taking the time to make this game :D

TheEnkian responds:

We thought that the voice acting would be a nice addition :) Hope you enjoy!