Reviews for "Alchemist"

I found this game to be decent. What I did not understand was how you died. It just seemed like you randomly touched something and then just disappeared. I guess I wished there were weapons. When you get into it, it can be an interesting game. There are some pretty unique designs put out.

I was at least interested in it enough to get a medal. The music's fairly good. I'm starting to recognize the gamezhero intro. Even the style is growing on me. I like mystical journies.

Short. Easy. The platforming works well enough. Forgettable soundtrack. Enemies are okay, although I didn't feel like this world was truly populated by a variety of creatures that evolved to consume light... it was just a spate of the usual enemies that are in every game. Go in any direction and you'll find something... with the exception of the key to the chest to get the oil, there really wasn't an order to completion. That was nice. Playable, not bad but nothing special. Play it once to play it but doesn't really draw you back in for repeat plays.

great fun

it was a cool game (better than what i could ever make)
i felt like you could've done more with the story, especially with the ending
the music got really repetitive really quick and the controls were a bit laggy
i felt like you could've also put a little more thought on enemy design
the game was also stupidly difficult than it really should be

overall i liked the game. it reminded me of Zelda in a way, where you're put out in the world and you have to figure things out yourself instead of people or signs telling you what you need to do

Really love the art style, and the music is super.

I'm a little unsure about the gameplay. It's a platformer, but the entire challenge is just jumping and moving the right moment to avoid touching hazards. The fly traps can get pretty annoying. The world is smaller than it seems at first, and it's not hard to accomplish any of the goals.

I like it, though. Most important things here is that the game runs smoothly and the controls are pretty solid. I did find the buttons to be a bit unresponsive just after a respawn, but it goes away pretty fast, so that's a small detail.
There are some good things in here, but as other reviews have pointed out, this could be an awesome puzzle/platformer if you expand on the concept a bit. Add a few more maps and locations, some deeper character interaction, and basic system of spells the alchemist can use to attack with, or even cause him to float, become invisible, or alter his environment. Heck, you might even be able to add a few bosses if there's an attack mechanic. I can see this character using various elements to attack with (ie, some enemies can be hurt with fire, some with water, some with wind, etc).

This is a playable game with whimsical worlds and magical creatures, and it's very good for what it is. But imagine how much more it could be!