Reviews for "The Artist and the Canvas"

I loved it! Nice story with a great moral. The animation was good, the music fit well with the story.

The visual style is decent, the animation is a little clunky, but it works. What threw me off is the moment when the voice acting kicks in. Up until that point, you used facial expression, motion and music to set the mood and tell the story, but the dialogue brought that to an abrupt ending. Perhaps it's because you ran out of time, which I can understand.

Here's a tip: Don't start animating before you have a solid animatic (moving storyboard). With an animatic, you can plan the motion, shots and timing of the film. That way, you know how long it's going to be, and roughly how much work there's left. My teacher always told us to work from stage to stage of completion, in stead of finishing shot after shot: animatic > all key drawings > all breakdowns > all inbetweens > rough backgrounds > colouring > shading > etc. It's better to tell the full story in less detail than to tell only a part of the story.

I know how it feels to be in that position. cute kid inplus. Maybe I should move to the city and throw my art out the window though... get my name out there, so to speak

A great man once told me:
"What's important in art isn't the end result, but the process and effort used to make it."
Simply put, this was a meaningful entry.

very cute approach to a contrived and dare i say passe plot.

i loved the amount of effort you put into something with a bit of parable in mind,

the one thing i will gripe on is that you havent gotten motion smoothness or character framing down. its so tightly shot and the characters wagglings feel awkward and i think you could do better. keep on learning the methods to mothion!