For the month of February we have disabled ads on all E-M content. We need 207 people to reach our goal of 3,100 active supporters. If we hit that, we'll continue with a new goal in March!

Reviews for "The Artist and the Canvas"

For a 5 day animation, this is stellar. The animation seems a little stiff at times, but given the speed at which you had to make this its perfectly understandable.
You seem to excel at simple stories. Excellent work, amigo!

I wonder if she hit someone with the art board

Good animation! I give you mad props for the simple and elegant concept. You used some very good gradients, comfortable colors that made it seem like evening, and the piano music fit everything perfectly.

The life of an artist can be difficult. I'm growing so tired of people making animations that are always a parody of a video game or a TV show or something that isn't theirs. And, of course, they get put on the front page for it.

Your animation does beg the question: Do we make art for ourselves...or for others?

Do artists needs the validation of others in order to feel that their art is successful? In order to keep themselves on track? Would this woman continue to paint even if she was the last person on the planet?

great work. It was very charming

The 'over-the-lines' drawing style is very good but it would be good to have more of the finer details. The humor worked well but the change to from the music only to background and voices was a stark change but it did work well. It would be good if it stuck with just the music sound all the way though (although [I know] that may of been on to the " time restraint" changes you mentioned.) Either way, it worked very well.