Just finished it, had a blast as I love games such as this (Pandemic, Plague Inc., Endgame Singularity).
Even though I enjoyed it, it still need a lot of polish here and there.
Let me put a list of issues I had with the game, it won't be sorted in any way, as they are typed whenever something came to my mind:
- Production of units later on is kind of game breaking. There is no limit how many units you can pump out from a factory, citadel also decreases the cost by 50%, thus cost of 30 is really negliable. In the end, when I had a control over half of the world, I just put a "surprise factory+citadel combo" on top of their stationed armies, pumped out 20-40 units of each type, captured the region.
Solution - Make factories not just an regional upgrade, but rather a building, that you can build it multiple of times. Each factory could have some output limit, thus it would require you to have manufacturing centers.
- There was a point, where I was slowly advancing my forces out of african continent and still hacking remaining infrastructures of the world. Then I have received a message about me being locked out from their systems ("the bug" that let me use network systems was fixed I guess). However, I haven't noticed any difference, I still could hack anything, in the end I have hacked everything on the map anyway.
- Nuclear weapons are kind of... easy mode. I understand they are some sort of ultimate weapon, but being able to destroy WHOLE army with just 1 missile in a region, that's a bit too easy IMO. How about governments, when they find out that you are using nukes, they introduce shelters, lowering the effectiveness of nuclear weapons on their armies. This could go live when you have used nukes couple of times, shelters then would decrease casualties from 100% to 90% - 50% depending on a region (wealth/technology/military size).
- Seizing total control over a region (no human military left), should change said region to a different color for an easier overview of the situation. Something else could also be introduced for remaining hackable infrastructure, but not as important in my opinion.
- More active human counter measures against your "regime". For long range bombing runs on your infrastructure (factories in this case) and even use of their nuclear warheads, if they see they are losing war (humanity) they should use their last resort weapons, unless they are hacked thus they could become disabled from them. More active cyberwarfare against you would be nice too (in full open war). Local partisans (rebels) could also pop up when your defence forces aren't that big in certain regions (1st and 2nd world countries, 3rd world countries could remain totally suppressed with a single bot )
That's all I could come with right now, I'm sure I had some more, but oh well :) .
Remembers, these are all my opinions and are not along the lines of "You have to do it, otherwise this game sucks".
Keep up the good work :), we need more games like this.