Reviews for "Perdition"

Amazing game, this inspired me to write music after playing and inspired a deep dark emotion in me that I haven't felt in a while. Who says a good game has to create good feelings in you?

i like this, but i can never seem to get the free will ending. any suggestions as to how i go about that?

Wow it took me almost a year to figure this out
I now have all the medals. You need to be very forward thinking and resilient against your "programming"
i realized it now
YOU are the androids
YOU, the gamers are
the androids are a metaphor on how you either play following every rule blindly that the game gives you without thinking for yourself, or cling to your usual ways of playing the game (usually seduced into indulging in violence to reach your goals)
without even considering that the only way to truly win is by not fighting at all
true peace, true pacifism, true hope for the future...
and it leaves that ending gap open for imagination, what will happen after this?
will Eve teach and liberate the other Androids as she has been liberated?
will she find a way to rebuild the world to it's prime?
will conflict arise again and Gomadi with it?
will they even bring humanity back somehow? or at least watch over the planet and it's wildlife?
this game is entirely underrated, it deserves so much more credit than it has already
my favorite game on newgrounds hands down
no contest, congratulations Carrol
10 out of 5
truly a gem among rusted metal

getting the disobey achivemetnt is way too hard

Carrill responds:

You probably missed a command.

Just for guidance, there are three commands to disobey in the level where you first meet Gomadi. After that, there are two commands. After that, there are two commands again.

This is one of my favorite pixel-platformers, for both it's theme and design, and it's moral objective.

A few days ago, I was on my way home from college when a man at the station approached me, wanting to 'introduce me to Jesus'. Normally I always let them talk while I arrogantly walk away from them. This time I decided to debate with him and we ended up discussing for half an hour, moving from religion onwards to 'Order vs Chaos'. He told me how in the end, Order is the right way and God can offer that. I started thinking back on playing this game, and described the elements to him. I might not have convinced him to back away from organized religion, but it did made me realize how much this game has influenced my ideas about the world, fate, morality, beliefs, order and chaos. Thank you for that :)