Reviews for "Perdition"

Whoa! Fantastic playthrough, interesting story, atmospheric gameplay... One of the best games on Newgrounds. Congratulations, and thank you.

Okay, I played as thoroughly as I could before writing this. Only medal I didn't get is “Sinner” and that one is damn frustrating, I'll figure it out someday.

Anyway, this game strongly reminded me of Gyossait and I've been surprised to find so few reviewers noticing it. Some blame you of plagiarism; I won't. It's true that both Amon26's game and yours share many similarities, but you brought other elements and you did it well. Worth noticing some said that these other elements come from another game -- Loved -- but I didn't play it so I couldn't tell.

About the story. At first I believed that the same god was talking to me with red and white text.
Then I realized it was two distinct entities.
Then I realized, with more thinking, that it could as well be both aspects of a single god. Both are sadistic and deceptive, but with some nuance. Tanas is seductive and speaks gently, but later encourages you to the most brutal violence. Gomadi is actually worse in my opinion, because it prompts you to commit suicide in addition to slaughter. Also, both have their part of “goodness” -- Tanas gave free will to androids, whereas Gomadi's original goal is to condemn violence.

To further supporting my theory of a single god, is the similarity in their appearance, with tan skin and that sort of spiked crown, and Tanas mentioning they were originally one.

There are obvious references to the Bible -- the knowledge fruit from Eden, Cain's fratricide, and obviously Eve. Just about the tower, I'm not sure what it stands for.

Sorry, talking too much. Anyway, a rather solid game we have here. I loved the eerie atmosphere and that different-choices-lead-to-different-ending mechanism. And I don't mind if you copied Gyossait and Loved. My complaints are about some little glitches (the spider-thing sometimes go moonwalking for some reason) and the fog effect that makes too much for my poor old computer and slows down the game which is not fast-paced in the first place.

I'll look forward for your next game ;)

This is one of my favorite games on new grounds. Its always making you think about its symbolism and its not just artistic. Its also fun and a tense. It remains me of bio shock. You have to play to understand what I mean. Its just a great game. 9/10

I love the unique game, it amazes me

A very interesting game. I wish there was a bit more to the mechanics side of things since it's not a whole lot more than an interactive story but I think the story and art style more than makes up for that.

One last note: For the life of my I can't figure out how to get the "A Friend Of Enemies" medal. I figured it was the same thing as the pacifist medal but for enemies instead of androids but that doesn't appear to be it since the run where I got the final ending I didn't kill a single android or enemy at all.

Carrill responds:

I'm glad you enjoyed it.

You have to spare Tanas to get that medal. After breaking free from his mind control grip (or just passing through totally immune to it with the halo), simply stand in place for a few seconds.