Reviews for "Solarmax 2"

liked it . it was too hard but than you added difficulty settings and it got better, some levels still could use balancing since the levels in the middle are harder than the once at the end. was hoping you would add upgrades too (onces I could buy with the stars ). I don't get any stars for mission 36, am I wining it the wrong way?

For a copy cat game. Its quite Nice

I very much like this. It's intuitive, and a nice take on the virus game type. The addition of nice graphics and a good soundtrack make the game. However, it only gets 4 stars thanks to a game-breaking bug; occasionally on medium difficulty, the computer will not take 'damage' during a battle. For instance, on the level with 2 turrets on each side and a warp gate in the middle, we each had the three identical planets on our respective sides. We both committed everything to a battle at the warp gate, and my ships were destroyed. However, I noticed at the end that there were 91 enemy units at the gate, which should have been impossible. I quickly paused and counted and saw that I had 31/110 possible units (the ones which had spawned on the planets during the gate battle), while the computer had 110/110 units. Either there was a bug that wasn't registering damage to the enemy units/lowering the unit count or there was a bug that reset the enemy unit total to it's previous value after my units were eliminated at the gate, but that sort of bug completely breaks the game since you have to reset the level in order to win after that. The same problem occurred on a few other levels as well. Overall pretty good! You took a simple idea and executed it very well!

How to beat the second level?

Holy crap, is this one hell of a game. At first, the early/middle levels are a shoe in, as all you have to do, is to just mass attack the enemy, or predict their movements. Yet, with the introduction of the "Shadow" ships, and their instant doomstacks, that's when the game becomes a true challenge. And though my strategic skill is not the best, the feeling of sacrificing my space fleet, to defeat the end boss, gives a sense of satisfaction like no other. When do we get a sequel?