Reviews for "IYD - Latin Crap Pasta"

this is really good

Thanks man :D... I hope it's good enough

I wish you had more time, too. You fucking rule.

InYourDreams responds:

Hey Bad-Man! Thanks man :D... Yeah I finished the recordings like 3 hours before the deadline so I just did a very fast mix. I'll definetly work some more on it, cause I want to use it in my next release :). This song inspired me to make a new EP.

Thanks for the comment, dude and cheers! :D

Good stuff! Sounds like Foo Fighters meets Djent, haha.

Lol... Djent Fighters :P... thanks for the comment

This is a NGADM Round 1 Review!
''\\__----====******====----__//''
Final score: 9
Composition: 8
Mix: 9
Bonus: 0.5

I loved the chords you used in this and how they blended together well, as well as the risk you took at the end (though I'm not too sure it worked out to your advantage), it was definitely an interesting and unusual listen. +.5 bonus for taking the risk, though you lost that in the composition anyway so... breaking even right? :P

Your mix was really good, the guitars are clear and full sounding, except at the end (where you lost points) the track is not muddy and everything seems to have its own space (though I feel the drums stick out a bit, I wish people would process drums more...).

Downloaded for personal listening later... ^_^
Metululu! \o/

I liked the distorted effects at the beginning, as well as the smooth, feel-good guitar sound you establish shortly thereafter. I think it progressed a little slowly after that, and you completely changed the tone of the piece at :45, making me question exactly where it was headed. I think you should try to tie together the various moods of this piece a bit more. You might need some more meaningful and/or gradual transitions to help the isolated riffs flow into each other. I did like the somewhat dissonant sound you showed off at many points – 2:20 especially. I have to say that I don’t really like how you introduced the Latin theme with the jazzy piano about ¾ of the way through the piece. It just sort of came out of nowhere IMO. Also, the ending was a bit lazily done. There are so many more creative things you can do with the conclusion of a piece besides fade it out IMO. You have a lot of good ideas here, but you have to find a way to make them connect a bit more. Otherwise, the piece’s structure doesn’t really help channel the emotion of your track, and the texture of the piece can seem a bit arbitrary. I think you have a good sense of harmony, though, and the production quality is pretty high. Hope this helped, man! Keep at it! ^^

7/10

This review was written for the Newgrounds Audio Death Match 2015.