For the month of March we have disabled ads on all E-M content. We need 80 people to reach our goal of 3,000 active supporters. If we hit that, we'll continue with a new goal in April!

Reviews for "voicemail"

Dude, your technique is astounding. Really dig the photoshop animation. It definitely has a different feel and I love it all the more for it. Only reason I'm taking off half a star is because I didn't really like the voice work towards the end. But it doesn't detract from the overall animation. Again, nice work man.

Awesome. There should be more art with message like this out there. The last "I love you" sounds a tad forced to me, but otherwise it's great. Not showing the violence directly was a good choice

Really nice work! The character design is really neat, I like their noses and despite mostly being on twos (?) the animation is really solid, the key frames get the body language across well. The shot in which the husband (?) comes home and heads towards her is great, it'd be cool to see the whole animation that smooth! My other favorite scene is when she's looking at her herself in the cracked mirror, i love the sense of motion when she examines her black eye. The shots are for the most part really well composed but I don't like the flat shot of the bottle, it looks very 2d. And the long distance shot at 0:28 makes the house seem huge, like she's waiting for a train or something. Voice acting suited the character well and the ambiance was atmospheric.
All in all a really great piece, good luck in the competition!

dylan responds:

Gladjyaliked it! I am pretty into those completely flat, orthographic shots. It's completely impossible to do that with traditional live-action film, so I feel like it's one of those nice elements that can really make animation stand out.

I love the style! And great story!

dylan responds:

Thanks! I'm totally starting to dig working in this minimalistic style.

dude that was awesome!

dylan responds:

thanks! Great job on your entry as well, should be a fun tournament!