Reviews for "Slidy Caves"

nice

It could use a bit of complexity for sure, but it's a cute little play. Nice work.

its a game thats kinda fun i want to enjoy it more but for some reason i cant it just doesnt have that charm that most games have for me it just felt kinda bland its like ive played this a thousand times already it really was nothing new and there was not that much i can say about it its just bland im sorry but if you make anymore tell me i would love to play it and see what you learn. With Love -TheManOnTheGrounds

Almost too easy complete, most of the levels can be beat simply by holding down the mouse button for a few seconds. There is no unique reward or praise for beating level 20, there's simply... nothing else.

This is a very imaginative concept that comes alive with the application of a little bit of artwork and some simple music. The game's aesthetics are very bright and allow the player to get into the idea of sliding a little monster around on the game world.

All of the gameplay is reduced to one button, making this only the second single-button game I've ever played and reviewed, albeit with the condition that the player is expected to click on certain in-game items to use them. This makes the game appealingly simple to play, but unfortunately due to the mechanics it means that most of the levels are beaten simply by holding down the mouse button.

The monster can turn to ice, allowing it to slide down inclines, magnetize to certain objects, and slide off moving platforms. The only real variables to gameplay are how the monster's path is being directed by the environment, and that's an excellent opportunities for puzzles which unfortunately it seems the author of this game didn't quite realize. It just seems like this would have benefited from some more level designs, because most of the time I found myself holding down the mouse button and watching the slidy creature play the game himself.

I recommend developing more levels for this game which emphasize requiring the player to know when to start or stop sliding. Use the movement mechanic to create a sort of labyrinth of obstacles so that we need to use our heads to figure out how to navigate through with the sliding mechanic. Maybe use the moving platforms to give the player multiple options of paths to go by. This might require that you design levels bigger than a single screen, though.

Still, the concept itself is fun, and I think this deserves enough of a chance for more levels to be designed, so I'm giving this game an optimistic 4 out of 10.