For the month of January we have disabled ads on all E-M content. We need 163 people to reach our January goal of 3,000 active supporters. If we hit that, we'll continue with a new goal in February!

Reviews for "Pico: Will It Slice?"

WHAT YEAR IS IT!?
I can't believe this game is an improvement of anything. Improvement of what, may I ask? Of games made 10 years ago? because this is how Newgrounds' games looked like back then. Poor graphic design and basic gameplay mechanics were to be expected due to the limitations of the time, but nowadays releasing this to the public and calling it an 'improvement' to anything is taking one big step back.

io3creations responds:

e.g. improvement over "Madness: Will It Slice?" :)

As for other improvements: how many people played "Flappy Bird"? That type of game was is clicking more than 20 years ago, yet was rediscovered recently and many people had a little fun with it.

Looks to me you're asking the wrong questions.

Why the bad reviews... Pico is _supposed_ to be a short & sweet casual kill fest. I think you're getting to a fine side-scroller true to the spirit of the original.

You could add a bit of seek-quest element by having to clear classrooms to get key elements, upgrades, health boost packs. And a boss. Although I totally LOLed when there wasn't one!

But the laser mechanics are smooth & cool, and I've seen many clunky games get good reviews for being worth the 5 minutes to play. So I say, vote this up, and encourage IstvanO to add more to it, then make a sequel!

io3creations responds:

Thanks, I'm glad to see that some people get the idea of such a game. :)

The additions will have to wait for the sequel, changing this game might introduce bugs that I prefer to have fixed rather than rush it.

It's like Pico hasn't matured at all, regardless of how far technology has changed we're still going with the same style that we went with when I was like 6 years old. Easy point and shoot game with no challenge. Gave it half a star for nostalgia.

Yay for nostalgia! :)

Pretty good,but its too short.You couldn't have given us as least one boss to face.I'm hoping in the next one that there will be alot of bosses.Alot.We need to slice.QuestFaith out!
~check out my page~

io3creations responds:

Right now there are bosses and bugs, hence no bosses ... but in the sequel, there'll be.

2 stars for making a game that was just hard enough to keep me on my toes... and music was ok
nothing else for:
the fact that a game -this- short and simple, was decided to be left on a cliffhanger with no resolution, no boss, nothing.
the fact that downed enemies were both invincible AND blocked shots
the fact that jumping was never needed for anything (except maybe to start shots above the above mentioned fact of floor of bodies that were as high as you were...)
the fact that if this was in fact a reskin... the least you could do is use better looking graphics then what was seen here... pretty bad considering.

io3creations responds:

It was more than a reskin. There were lots of engine bug fixes from "Madness: Will It Slice?" but those aren't noticable. There are lots of additions that didn't make it into the game due to game stopper bugs. But, I'll figure those out eventually :)