Reviews for "Hidden Valley Ninja"

I like the game but I think there is a problem in the weapons medals. To now we have one user who got the weapon master, but no one has the lotsa weapons... I achieved in getting every weapon yet this happen.

Also I must say it was fun hunting every room in the game, but for some reason whenever I saved the game the game froze for me... To bad XD It would've been nice to be first epic explorer of this game!

Still simple and entertaining. A style that will survive hopefully to the years to pass. ;)

kantieno responds:

Hmm, I just tested for the weapons medal bug and I can find no explanation for it. The code is correct and there are no spelling errors. The "Weapons Master" medal is checked in the same place as "Lotsa Weapons", so I cannot find any explanation for why it isn't working. I will try to find a way to fix it though!

It's a shame that it froze when you saved, that is one reason I could not make it autosave. Whenever it saves it freezes up for a little bit, and I have no real explanation for that either! Hopefully it is something that I will be able to prevent in my future games.

Despite those issues, I am glad you enjoyed it!

Thought it might get old fast, but I ended up finishing it, so I guess it must have been fun enough to keep me going. :-) The balance was a bit off, and I never found a weapon that really suited my style. Finished the last boss with the pixies in the end. By that point he could barely hurt me. But then, just staying on the platforms was the bigger part of the challenge. Could have been better balanced.

kantieno responds:

Balancing was a big issue for me, there ended up being many things that needed to be changed, and since fixing the problems would require a reworking of the whole system, I decided that it would be better to tackle it all in a sequel!

Since it was my first game there were many things that I did not do as well as I could have, but I think it was still a nice intro to the series.

I am glad you enjoyed it!

Nice game mate!