Reviews for "Hidden Valley Ninja"

I thought when I started this game that it would be a five minute platformer due to the controls and the appearance of the opening animation. I was pleasantly surprised by how well the controls were implemented and the depth of the upgrades, secret areas, and humor. Sadly, as much as I liked this game, there were some downsides that I think could be overcome in another production, if you're so inspired to create on.

To begin with, there wasn't much of a plot. This isn't necessarily a killing point since some of my favorite games lack any story at all. Secondly, the speed of the respawn made me think that the difficulty would be much higher. While the environmental deaths happened quite often for me, I found them to be an annoyance rather than a hurdle as they didn't respawn the enemies when I died nor did it reduce my health. This made the Bossfights with environmental kills (such as the murderous mountain) a little confusing. I could be killed many times by the spinning blades, but unless I got hit by the mountain I wouldn't actually lose any health. Nor would the environmental deaths it re-fill the health of the boss... Maybe you overlooked this?

There's a lot of distractions for me right now, so i can't make a better review, so I'll wrap this up. In short, I liked that game, but it could have been a little more difficult without affecting the entertainment in a negative way.

You can spam the restoration room secret area to gain XP from
the barrels and crates infinitely.

I was level 10 before I ever left town.

This being said, I enjoyed the combat system and the mechanics
came very easy to me. The graphics and tone of the game were
enjoyable. I hope to see more!

Awesome Game .

I enjoyed every bit of this game. There were a few parts that gave me trouble (still looking for one more secret area/one more weapon) but I love a challenge and I will continue to work. The only thing I would add, would be to make an addition to the map after, and only after, you unlock a secret room. This will help with back tracking, while still keeping the secrets a secret (since they would not appear until after they were unlocked). Other than that, I thought the game was well made and you did an amazing job!

I thought this game was just okay. I think the least enjoyable thing about it was how it was too complicated. It seemed like you had to go through a lot of work just to understand everything. The graphics didn't seem that good either. I thought the music wasn't bad. As always, you deserve credit for making it easy to get some medals.

As with most games, I reached a point I could not advance. It just seemed like too much work to really enjoy. I have played much better ninja games. I guess I was just looking for something "smaller". I can see how other people would like it.