Reviews for "Priorities"

So I guess the moral of the story is: don't worry so much? Don't try so hard? Just take it easy and have fun with your dog? If that's not the message the title feels a bit misleading, it seems to toggle with topics heavier than basic prioraities, but it was masterfully made. I like the way it doesn't need words to convey the story; the feelings of the characters. The camera motions are strangely realistic and comfortable, the way it bobs around, at times enforcing the impacts, the size of waves etc, and the sounds are awesome, it's a real world, it really enforces the atmosphere. I like the bright color sheme and the soft style of the sceneries, even with those jagged rocks. It's hopeful even if the situation is despairing. Great work!

-cd-

Wow, props to this beautiful piece that you have created. I've never before seen such unique animation where colors are lively and the world feels real in a way. The man and the dog were extremely well made, and the story was quite a beautiful one.

I find your use of the camera quite interesting too. You kept the camera inside the cockpit and moved it around freely on the island, demonstrating pretty well the space of an environment. Transitions were also smooth and pleasing to the eye.

If I were to give feedback, the strongest point I would work on is the music. Definitely need to work on the music that was put into this. During the entire movie, the music was quiet and calm, which did not match the mood for several parts of the story. Some more intense, dramatic tones would've been great to acquaint the plane crash, or the storms. And something more exciting for when he started chasing the dog around and when the plane flew over their heads.

I couldn't help but notice some of the animation concerning the movement of the characters. Limbs seemed a bit stiff and when either the man or the dog ran, they appeared to glide more than propel. Try to make the dog's legs bend more, maybe study the movement from a real one?

Nonetheless, I really enjoyed this, and I hope that my criticism will be useful to you. I look forward to further content from your group! 8/10 for me.

Great animation and quite a sweet story. I can' really decipher the mood of the boy cause I can't see his mouth, whether he's happy or not. But I think the whole beauty of the story was already well explained. This one of the best and professional films that I have seen in newgrounds. Thanks and good job!

Amazing!

amazing style and great little story. I was particularly fond of the long takes. and the almost documentary style shooting. really made it even more immersive.