Reviews for "Bark and Byte"

Love the song, guitar was killer! Even though I knew you had drums, I would have liked them to be louder. Everything else was great!!!

Deemo-R responds:

Being a drummer myself, I can totally agree with you on that. I'll definitely try to keep the drum presence up in future mixes! Thanks for reviewing! :D

Nice work, I really like the melodies in this. The mix of realistic sounds and chiptune sounds pretty good too

Deemo-R responds:

Thanks man! I think these are probably some of the better melodies I've used, too. Chiptune sounds work surprisingly well with a ton of stuff! They have a very interesting variety of timbres.

MY. GOODNESS. THIS SOUNDS AMAZING O_o

For some unknown reason, this somg was sitting in my Email inbox and I didn't listen to it until now. I almost instantly regretted ignoring this.

Wait, this is your first time making a song with chiptune elements? It sounds like you've used them your entire career.

Of course, there were problems. From :14 to :25 the background tracks go out of tune with the song, and it always bugs me, but I don't think that's enough to justify a half-star deduction.

You should make more songs like this, they sound great! :D

-QJrocks

Deemo-R responds:

Sorry it took me so long to actually get back on this, I've been getting caught up in my own head lately! I think the wonderful thing about chiptune elements is that they just feel right when you use them. They're simple enough to grasp fairly quickly, and then it's just a matter of experimenting with where you like them. I'm sure I'll probably even make some fully 8-bit songs with them at some point (likely next year)! I actually don't hear what you're mentioning at 0:14 myself. Either way, thanks for mentioning that something feels off there.

I love melody-driven music, so I'm very likely to do more stuff like this not too long from now! :)

Thanks so much for taking the time to review! :D

Simply awesome! Famisynth is a relatively simple, yet powerful tool to have at your disposable. You've used it incredibly well here! The blend of the 8-bit and the more progressive rock style theme works so well, especially since this is something that is inspired by Megaman (assuming, at least).

I'd love to hear more like this! :)

Deemo-R responds:

Thanks man! I think 8-bit music has really grown on me a lot in the recent months. There's really a unique timbre and set of limitations to what it can do, and it's a great way to really see how your writing is in a small, exposed manner. I'd love to do some more stuff with it, for sure! As for blending things like guitar in there, I'm really hoping to ditch this vst guitar for a real one next time :D

Awesome, awesome, awesome! (I should learn some new cool meaning words...)

I just can't describe how much I love this song... I've downloaded it few months ago and now it is in my top 20 most listened songs (according to my phone).

Neat intro, fast start (0:15), lil stop, beautiful melody, high melody... ahh... Best part at 2:02-2:22, although I love the whole song...

I don't know why but it reminds me The Final Phase. However I call it Deemoish song rather then Phaseish. ;)

Ohh, and what about the title? Bark... and Byte? Why?

Anyways keep up the nice work.

Deemo-R responds:

Thanks, glad you liked it! I honestly don't put much thought into any of my music titles - I just like to put little alliterations and puns in there. Alternatively, I also like things that just sound cool. :T

Thanks for listening! :)