Reviews for "FrogMan and Pico SCENE 2"

its great to see you getting in pbots is becoming a common thing, keep it up!

artistunknown responds:

Thanks, I was amazed that I managed to submit two things in a month and get awards for both. I have a couple other projects pretty close to completion that I could probably easily finish up and submit with a few days of work, but it's hard to actually find the time to sit down and finish them when I have other things, like school, to worry about. Come summer though, lot's 'o free time. I'm sure some great stuff will come out of me then. Hopefully after a few more trophies I'll start getting some recognition. That would be nice :3

Thanks for the review!

This is totally awesome

it's nice a love it

That 'play' button on the title screen seems so incredibly small compared to all surrounding buttons! As for the animation though, I remember the bar scene from last year, but man I had no idea it'd been a year since then already... time flies! The mood's brighter in this one, the shooting scene was slick, the voicing good... not much happens overall though. They walk down the street (in this scene I was expecting some music though - or background noise - had to turn up the volume to see if I was missing something those first few seconds), shoot some stuff (lmao Darnell... wonder if Nene will make an appearance in the final part?) and plan to leave. It's not short, or boring but still somehow eventless in terms of plot progression. Looking forward to next year; Happy Pico Day!

artistunknown responds:

Oh dammit, I always mean to make the play button the biggest button... or at least of equal size. At least I no longer use a youtube button :p

I was really considering whether to upload this scene, 'cause like you said, nothing happens plot-wise really. The third scene is kinda like that too but serves as comic relief for all the serious stuff that's brought up through the film, and then the 4th and final scene is the big one where everything happens.

And yeah, I remember you saying you were looking forward to seeing the full thing this Pico Day, but that didn't happen :p I do have the first 3 scenes done, with a bunch of changes and improvements done to the first scene as well. I also have a few seconds done of the 4th scene, but it's like 8 minutes long so it still got a bit of work to do. Next Pico Day maybe ;3

About background music in the beginning, I was going to try to find some, or at least some city ambiance, but then I decided "Eh, the next part is mostly music so why bother" plus the Pico Day deadline was coming up fast so I didn't have time to find some good music to use.

And I hadn't really thought about a Nene cameo. While animating the part with Darnell shooting himself I thought "People are going to find this racist... huh ya know, it would make more sense to Have Nene killing herself since she's Asian... wait that's probably more racist" In the end I didnt' care 'cause I already had a bunch of it animated. I do have an idea for where she can appear now though ;3

Thanks for the review and Happy Pico Day!

This is really short but still decent.

The story was nice, I can see how they might make a depressed person feel a bit better. Funny how it ends with Frogman not wanting to shoot and promising nothing gay will happen at his place as long as a certain frog is not there. Pico's "What?" was funny.

The audio was nice, although I think adding sounds for each bullet would have been nice to add. However, I can understand how they might take a bit more time and made this be released a bit later than planned.

The animation was really nice, funny to see how Darnell checks his gun the wrong way, sad to see that Nene is nowhere to be seen.

Overall, nicely done Pico Day animation.

Review Request Club

artistunknown responds:

Short yes, but only a small part of a much longer project, check back next Pico Day for the full thing ;3
I'm glad you liked my bit of foreshadowing near the end. Certainly no gay times to come in the next scene, heh.
I guess I can add sounds for the bullets in the full thing. I really need to get better at sound design.
A few people have mentioned a lack of Nene, so I'll try to find a place to sneak in a cameo for her in the full film, heh. And thank you for the compliment on the animation, I worked hard to get it done in time for Pico Day and I'm very thankful to Misty for doing some inbetweens as well.
Again, the full thing will definitely come next Pico Day, it's like 17 minutes long so it should definitely be worth the wait.
Thanks for the review!