Reviews for "Mine Quest"

The only good parts to this game is the tune and the beginning story, the rest is a rip-off of Minecraft; the tools, the ores, the upgrades and even the achievements
But the game just wasn't good, I spent 5 minutes going left and right mining with the "lvl 1" spade and mined everything so there was nothing at all besides bedrock and lava, I then tried to upgrade my tool fully and I couldn't cos I hadn't got enough coal.... even though I just mined it ALL
Also the guy had unlimited reach so long as it was on screen

Overall a kinda pants game

JackAstral responds:

The game is inspired by Minecraft. I don't see what achievements are ripped off- aside from the wood one, but that's more of a reference.

Thanks for trying it out anyway.

Your game concept is fine but the in game controls don't work the guy just walks by himself and is uncontrollable also I find your tool select is also not functioning. One more thing the guy will glitch and walk through solid blocks as well not so good. You appeared to have put out a half finished game that needs a lot of work still that is why you deserve a low star rating.

JackAstral responds:

I think you may have clicked out of the screen. If you do that when playing a flash game, the controls normally go kinda funny.

Thanks for the suggestions and for leaving a review!

The music though appreciated gets annoying, the tool and 'mining system' is broken, there's no real inventory or description of what the things are, or if they were actually picked up. Those things can be fixed. other things that kills the mood for me are the clipping, how things can be placed almost anywhere on screen regardless of location, or logic, the art style pains me to look. A start on fixing this game would be to add at least 8 more songs, we are listening to the same song over, and over, and over, and over, and over. It feels like the music from that episode of south park where Stan's grandfather begs Stan to help him commit suicide. Good effort, and I like that you at least tried to give a back story, but fix the bugs and aspects of the game that make it un attractive, also, saving feature, there should be one if there is not since this is a game based on hard work, know?

JackAstral responds:

Cool suggestions, thanks for the detailed review!

you can mine diamonds whit a wooden pick

JackAstral responds:

Correct. The better the tool you're using is, the more blocks you'll gain from each block you break. For example, if I placed one diamond ore block and broke it with a stone pickaxe, I'd gain two diamond ore blocks back. This technique allows you to multiply your resources.

Really cool and simple game. All the medals are working fine and the whole concept is really nice.

Keep it up. :)