Reviews for "Control X/V"

You clearly have an original idea here. However, here's the problem: Execution.

You need to make some cleaner levels, here. There seems to be a mess of sprites wherever you go, and your tiny man doesn't seem to have any... character. Look up Red Rogue for a fantastic way to do minimalist art, that's what you need - if, for example, you textured everything to look like a legal document that would be incredibly interesting. For example, having the ground be words (wrapped by a box for visibility's sake) and literally cut the words in half and put them somewhere else.

In other words, keep a small pallet.

Also, stick to your guns. The first level should pretty much introduce cutting and pasting. Not jab it right in your stomach, but you NEED to distinguish yourself here.

Anyways, good idea, sub-par execution. An alright package.

MiscEtc responds:

Thank you for the feedback, squidly! I realize I have plenty of room for improvement, and feedback like this is very helpful. I'll keep what you said in mind in the future.

very nicely done, but damn that alarm clock thing charging at me was quite scary for the first time.

MiscEtc responds:

Thanks! To be honest, I had the same reaction to the clock enemy when I first tested the enemy type. I wanted the enemies to feel more threatening and agressive than the stereotypical, docil, goomba like patrollers.