Reviews for "Cavern"

I thought 7 was pretty easy I had more of a problem on puzzles 3,4 and I think I am about to give up on 8 gotta go to bed and I dont see myself figuring it out without a hint..... Great game, good puzzles/

Way too hard. Needs hints. I am stuck on the second puzzle (with the circle & dot shapes). I have all the rows and one column right. Cant figure out the rest.

#7 is now the new definition of hell. #1-6 were easy and required a lot less thought. As i think i heard one person put it: the difficulty took a 90 degree turn at 7. I completely agree there. I would never have completed it without the hint,i was overthinking. Probably took me almost an hour with the hint. #8 was easy once i thought to write it down. Thanks for the brain workout.

Without the green tiles in #7, there would theoretically be 13! = 6227020800 possibilities to align the tiles. However, the fact that the 3 green tiles give you five 1 out of 2 instead of 1 out of 13 alignments, this number is reduced to (13-5)! = 8! = 40320 possible constallations. Reaching one constallation per click, while a click takes 2 seconds due to the animation, results in 22,4 hours. If you make intelligent moves, you can quarter or even one-thent this time, so you can get lucky in even 2 hours! If you click as often as you can. (The number of possible alignments for this puzzle - IS (still) TOO DAMN HIGH!) I m not gonna try it on, while i think it s a nice puzzle. There simply is no single "this tile MUST be here because of this or that" halt where you can start, this makes it so difficult.

TurkeyOnAStick responds:

I might see if I can change the static tiles, since this is getting a bit silly to see loads of reviews about #7, and the difficulty does take a sharp increase. I do disagree with your maths, though, since when you solve the puzzle in practise it doesn't take 2 hours - the strategic moves you can do are very limited, and it's likely that you'll complete it long before you try out all other combinations.

As a tip, I DO suggest that the simplest solutions are the best. There are 8 corner tiles, 4 straights, 2 chequerboard and 2 blanks, so aiming for a tesselating picture with a rotational/reflectional symmetry helps a lot.

great game, am i a dick for being stuck on no 3??? haha im tired...

TurkeyOnAStick responds:

Nah, you're not a dick. As a hint, consider the tiles as numbers, and what's the significance of rows and columns that you make the end tile turn green.