Reviews for "You Deserve a Princess"

you would have received a 5 but I kept getting glitched at the and of the first level as the princess. fix this and ill vote better!

loved it maybe make it longer

This was actually a pretty fun game with a nice story. I really like the gameplay mechanics and I think id like to see more games like this.

A fun and easy little game with a twist. Was kind of disappointed it wasn't longer... I wanted to see some ridiculous puzzles that required a 20-point whip.

This whole game doesn't really amount to a good experience. There are a lot of flaws that need addressing. First, the writing of the story is pretty bland and basic, which takes away from the humorous aspect it was going for (or at least, I *think* it was). Next, when it came to the boss fight versus the knight, I didn't even realize that my character had switched to the princess by that point. There was no cue to let me know that, and the knight didn't do anything I couldn't have done before while controlling him. Speaking of boss fights, all three are far too easy. The knight spends half of his cycle attacking in the wrong direction, the king's projectiles can easily be destroyed with the chain or ducked under, and the queen fires most of her projectiles in directions you couldn't even conceivably reach. Another slight problem is how unresponsive the controls can be at times, though I find that usually only becomes a problem when running and jumping at the same time. This does make exploring the labyrinth a pain at times, but it's easy enough, even with the disappearing health bar after one death. In fact, it's so easy that I stopped picking up the health upgrades after the first one and still managed to beat the game. Now, I do like traversing the map with the chain, but there's not enough variety to keep me wanting to do it. At it's core, the game is too simple. I feel there could be more interesting interactions between the character and the world with the chain, enemies in the labyrinth to break up the monotony of scaling walls over and over, more story to explain why anything in this game happens (Why did the king let her daughter go live by herself in a tower? What experiments are she conducting? Why does she have to travel through the labyrinth to get back to her home? Why does she go home at all?). With a little polish, this would be an entertaining game by flipping the standard 'knight rescues princess' tale. As it stands, it's just too short and bland to keep me interested.