Reviews for "D-Pression"

Wow! This is amazing! :D I'm so jealous of your wide variety of talents, LSD! ;D This is a really creative, amusing, and even addicting game! I made a point of not reviewing it until I completed it, as I wanted to really evaluate it. First of all, I love the theme of depression and darkness. I had to turn all the lights off in my room in order to see the "shadow." XD I love gams that involve strategy as opposed to mindlessness, and this was a great example of that. Each level is very clever and often challenging, the whole game was very well designed, and I didn't come across any glitches! :) Nice music, too! Overall, simply an extremely entertaining experience. Huge congrats on front page/ 4k views and counting, btw! :D This truly deserves all the attention it's getting! Keep up the great work, man! ;D

LucidShadowDreamer responds:

Thanks a million! You and LuncayEcho have been extremely supportive throughout my entire time here on Newgrounds, which is amazing!

I'm glad you liked the theme, as my focus is clearly on athmosphere, as well as the puzzles. I'm also impressed you managed to complete the whole game, since only about 1 in 40 have done so thus far.

Also, it's good that you liked the level design! Almost everyone has had an issue with one specific level though, hahha! I appreciate that you took the time to finish the game before reviewing too; I know you have quite the busy schedule! And I admire your talents too, as they are several. Have you ever thought about making a game yourself :D?

I'm surprised to see there haven't really been that many glitches, which means less work for me (although I'm currently woriking on the final bits of the "story", which should be added later this day).

Again, thank you TheDoor6, and have a good day! :3

I like that the shadow is near perfectly camouflaged in the background; hard to notice at a glance and easy to try and pretend it's not there. Very nice touch.

LucidShadowDreamer responds:

Thanks! Many others have said the shadow should be clearer, but I too like how it's a bit difficult to spot :'D

It's was annoying to get past the levels using your trick 3 times. Otherwise, an enjoyable game.

LucidShadowDreamer responds:

Yes, I can undertand that. Part of the puzzels are meant to demand motoric skills as well, though. If you've mastered what you call 'tricks', it's really easy, so I'm still thinking people have a hard time doing it right :p

Thanks for the review!

I'm not depressed or anything, but after playing this I'm thinking of killing myself. Hardest puzzle game since I bought Antichamber...

LucidShadowDreamer responds:

Whoah, hold on, haha. Well, at least I managed to express the athmosphere then...
Actually, I love Antichamber! In a very small sense, it's part of the inspiration for this game, at least those small texts that relate to the levels. Good catch!

Could anyone please give me a hint on how to beat the level with nothing. I'm really fucking stuck. Have no clue to how I could possibly beat this level. I tried jumping with the lower dot but I can't get the gap big enough, it just ends up killing the white one.

I love this game tho. It's very unique. I'd just love to beat it and see the end :<

LucidShadowDreamer responds:

Haha, yeah. I've tried to explain the solution in one of the comments here: http://lucidshadowdreamer.newgrounds.com/news/post/890565

It has been a difficult level for almost everyone :p

Thank you for liking my game, and I'm sorry if it took long before I responded! I just woke up.... Now back to sleep, hehhe....