Reviews for "D-Pression"

Awesome game. I like the challenge of having the 'shadow' copy of yourself and having to find a way to overcome it through the level design. Music suits the game and the static-noise details on the characters, background, and way points also adds to that 'inner thoughts' theme with the game. I like it, good job!

LucidShadowDreamer responds:

Thanks, zerzix! I'm glad you liked my game, as well of all its elements! It also makes me happy to see that you like the music, and that you think it suits the game :)

Manages to grow dull after the first few levels, tries too hard to be "deep" and just really isn't that fun.
also its pretty weak for some of the puzzles to entirely involve around abusing a programming fault.
the cheap difficulty and boring assets just really didn't impress me.

Thanks for your thoughts :p

I'm pretty sure there are absolutely no levels that take use of a programming issue though XD
Did you watch the tutorial? I'm sure it's possible to beat some levels due to glitches, but you certainly don't have to!

"the game really isn't worth playing at all once you get the the empty square level"

=> I noticed that from the fact that you didn't beat the level ;)

I think the reason you think that the difficulty is cheap, is because you might have beaten some levels the "wrong" way, aka using potential programming faults, as it seems like from your review. That way, you never got the feeling of realization when you actually solved a puzzle. I wonder why everyone that plays seems to be certain that they know the right/only way to beat a level, when it's possible to beat all the levels in multiple ways :p
You're welcome to your opinion though, thanks for the review! XD

Did u win stencyljam? Because if you didnt, im suing Tom. THIS IS AWESOME! ITS LIKIE SUPER MEAT BOY 2!

Wow, thanks a lot :'D!!!
I actually got fourth place, and believe me, the games above me and some below me were even more awesome!! If you liked the difficulty/similarity to Super Meatboy, you'll probably like Gravity Den, by Denver2003 even more!!! (http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/636002)

Thanks a lot for the positive review :3

D-Pression is a hard game. Some of the board are near impossible. However, I managed to defeat this game and collect all of the medals. If you make a sequel, please lower the difficulty. My hand still hurts from rapidly pressing the up key on my computer.

LucidShadowDreamer responds:

Yeah, sorry for that; it seems as though I was blind to the difficulty, since I made the game. I really was in quite a hurry too though :p
Sorry for giving yo such a worthless reply PM, as it seems you already beat the game!
Thanks for the review ;)

Wonderful game with beautiful execution for the use of only black and white, but as Lintire said, the difference between Shadow and Player's movement at certain points is a tremendous pain. I cannot for the life of me get past Shadow in the open room with the note "Some hurdles are more difficult to overcome than others".

Yeah, some are damn near impossible, too.

Thanks, Zero-Zivan!

I'm glad you likedthe game and gave it such a high score, even if there were some issues! The next time I make a game, I'll try to ease the diffculty a bit, as well as make some objectives clearer :3