Reviews for "Goomy: to the Rainbow!"

Fun and entertaining game but a few negatives. The game felt like a grind after awhile. The levels were the same and it just took longer to complete them. There are a few graphical glitches the sometimes one of the blocks fly across the screen. Regarding the health bar, the coins fly in front of the actual health part (the bar), but they fly behind the part where it says HP. Another thing is after you get the first star a message pops up saying "New Level" but that's the only time it pops up. It does not pop up when you get the second or third star. It should be more consistent. I would say something about the star button but you covered that already in your notes. The last thing I want to point out is on the 12th level after you defeat the boss it says that you unlock a new Goomy even though you don't.

Other than those things it was a fun game. The music was enjoyable and so were the sprites that were created. I was a big find of the large white stroke.

Thank you for your feedback!
I have already fixed the HP and 12th level bugs on the mobile version of Goomy and I am going to upload a new version for newgrounds in a few hours. The "New Level" message is supposed to appear everytime you earn at least one star in a level and it means that you have just unlocked the next level and you can play it.

I really like this game, but I do have a question regarding the health bar. I seem to spawn with a random amount of health every level, with no pattern I can see. Is this on purpose and if so is there a pattern to it?

Thank you for your feedback!
Regarding the health bar: the higher is the "level" of your goomy, the higher is your health amount. I will add some in-game clarifications for the health bar.

This is quite interesting I'll give it that. The characters called Goomys I must say are quite adorable. The worlds that they're in is also adorable, however it lacks any real depth since each area is nothing more than a pallet swap. The power ups I'm not sure what they are or what they do. Some more clarification would be nice, like perhaps a tutorial level or something in the menu to describe the power ups. There really is no story, just a bunch of Goomys going to the Rainbow Land. Why? I don't know because you didn't tell me. The music is okay, it is bouncy and cute, I think you had some missed opportunities though. The sound effects are nice and fit well. The controls are really tight and responsive which I liked, however the gameplay got dull after a while. When I was going through the 2nd level I just got bored with this game. You have aesthetics down pat, there just needs to be more game here.

|| Cheers ||
*Great Artwork
*Great Animation
*Good Music
*Great Sound
*Superb Controls
*Okay Gameplay

|| Jeers ||
*Bad Story - Implied A Story (Had None)

Thank you for your feedback!
I am currently working on a help/tutorial that will also explains what the power ups do. I hope to finish it as soon as possible. I wish I could create a story (and that was the original planning) but I have a deadline (March 28th) and I am the only person who is working on this game, so unfortunately there was no time to create a story...

EDIT: Game updated with in-game help/tutorial!