Reviews for "Goomy: to the Rainbow!"

How do I get on the score/leader board? because I tried clicking everywhere and when I got the highest all-time score and clicked on the score/leader board icon it didn't show me anywhere.

Other than that, really fantastic game, I love all the levels, goomies and bosses.
My favorite level has to be the last one. Because, just look at it! and only 30% of my happiness came from the fact that I got to the final level.

I think the random Goomy power-up is perfect for a game like this because, it shows you what kind of levels you can expect next, for Example one time I got a "Skull Goomy" from the power-up, so I know one of the levels is gonna have something to do with skeletons, undead world or something like that.

I'm really digging the music, It really relaxes me and makes me more calm when I die before killing the boss.

Great work, and fantastic graphics! Keep it up. :)

ShimoneShimone responds:

Thank you for your feedback! I am very happy you enjoyed my game!
You don't need to do anything to add your score to the leader boards. Every time you beat your high score, it will be automatically submitted to the "Level x" leader board. I can see your scores on the leader boards, so it seems to be working OK. Let me know if you have more questions!

The bosses are really easy to beat but its hard to get to them one you get to the City.

Cute game! I really liked it, just a few things. I think there should be more added to each level as you go on, because they're all essentially the same level with different themes. Maybe special enemies or something? Also, I don't really know what any of the upgrades do, if there was a screen somewhere for that, that'd be great! I also don't like the white outline around everything:( Everything is suppose to be colorful, and the white around everything just brings that down, ESPECIALLY on the goomies. I was just picturing everything without the white outline, and it would look so much better, I'd love to see that for this game! So basically, just keep working on it!

ShimoneShimone responds:

Thank you for your suggestions!
I will try to improve this game with future updates. I have added an in-game help/tutorial before the first level that should explain better the controls, the goals and the power ups.

Found a little bug on character switch screen, when you browse quickly enough sometimes a character occasionally disappears; even when stopped it doesn't show up- Same thing with levels. I'm also getting the same highscore table for all levels in the game... seems like the table for level 1. And, if you open the table before a level and click 'close' you click 'continue at the same time and automatically start the level, might want to fix that!

While browsing levels or characters, it'd be easy if you could click on the circles to navigate instead of having to go the whole way around if you want to get to one at say the bottom. Not that it's a huge difference, but it could speed up the process a bit. I feel the transitions between the choose character/level menus could be quicker too, especially if you play a lot. I also ran across some strange sound bug on level 6, where the shooting sound disappeared, and then on level 7 the music disappeared as well. And then suddenly there's no more music! Restarting the game brings it back though. I still heard the medal sound btw, so it's not everything.

The design is awesome, so smooth and friendly. Music is catchy and varied and the interface is a piece of cake to use. The speed arrows don't seem to have as large effect as I'd like though, and the characters are somehow designs enclosed in a white circle. Maybe vary the outer color a bit? Or don't have it as a circle? The first character's perfect, and for the second one the outline follows the form, but for all the rest (least the ones I've unlocked so far) the form is enclosed in the white circle regardless of shape.

Twas a lot of fun playing this game but it does get monotone after a while, with the same coin pattern for all levels, the same type of venture in each one, visual differences and increased challenge but still so much similarity. Great game overall though, keep it going!

-cd-

ShimoneShimone responds:

Thank you for your feedback!
I will look into those bugs as soon as possible, so maybe I will have an update ready for tomorrow. I will also consider some changes to the graphics and to the other things you mentioned!

Good game with a fantastic soundtrack, but it was very repetitive. Were it not for the medals I wouldn't have played past a few levels. It was good, just needs more variety.