Reviews for "Realistic Boxing Simulato"

Fun game but please check your spelling

colburt187 responds:

I can't believe you won the belt? your the first, congrats. I wasn't even sure if anyone would ever win it. What was your record when you got to the belt?

About the spelling, there probably are some typos, but the in game commentator is Scottish, so he says arum instead of arm, and punchees etc,

and the manager is from London so he says Sa'arday.

It was fun but felt kinda easy, when you loose a match you get more money than when you win, witch kinda defeats the purpose to go towards less losses - why be rewarded less for winning? It felt like a grind and i figured, meh, i'll just loose a few rounds to upgrade my chin and stamina.

My final was 13-8-5-0. I didn't understand how K.O's worked tho.

colburt187 responds:

Thanks and yes you are correct you earn more for losing and winning. Your were hired as an opponent, cannon fodder, no one thought you had the ability to win the title. your manager was signing you up for fights guarenteeing that you would lose, but when you win it cost him money.

Sometimes you obliged though, those fights you lost to earn the money, thats what being a journeyman is all about, that was exactly what i wanted to happen. 13-8-5 is an excellent record, exactly what i was looking for.

look at peoples records in fight night, 30-0 all kos, thats rare, happens 1 in a million times.

what didn't you understand about the KO.s. At any stage you or your opponent can get hit with a shot and bang! its all over. Thats boxing.

I beat the game, thought it was pretty easy. Final stats are W8 D0 L3 K6. I noticed you didn't implement TKOs. That was kinda annoying when I was fighting Juan Gomez, knocked him down 6 times in round 3, and he KOed me with one punch in round 4 making me lose the fight. Just posting because you wanted to know people's stats for this.

colburt187 responds:

Well done, so you retired the champ? didn't want to defend the belt?. Yeah i thought about adding in the three knockdown rule, I may add it in an update. However reading that Juan Gomez survived 6 knockdowns to come back to KO you in the next round makes me not want to change it, thats legendary, he's got a family in Tijuana he has to feed you know.

I feel like "Realistic" isn't something that should be in the title of this game. It lacks many of the things that make boxing real.

I can't "put up my dukes" and defend myself. The game doesn't recognize when I try various combos, such as the two-one combo.

I can go on with this list.

The game is fairly good, but the title is kinda misleading.

colburt187 responds:

Yeah i know where your coming from, the title was ment with a little irony, However i did want some aspects to be more realistic than arcade boxing games.

I considered putting block in there, and i may do so in an update.

However the game does recognise the one-two combo, (jab followed by a cross) and the two-one (cross followed by a jab)
If you press Z then X you should land a clean one-two combo, as long as you were not hit in-between which disrupts the combo.

I appreciate the feed back and would like to hear the rest of the list, I'm currently working on an update.

If it's a "realistic" boxing simulator, then WHY am I able to BUY stamina and an "improved chin"? And as YeOldeGamer said. Gosh, I didn't know I could level up in real life, ha ha. SAY, do you suppose in real life I have a "hit point" counter / life bar as well? How many hit points do I lose from a papercut? How many hit points do I lose from kidney failure, or liver cancer?

colburt187 responds:

well the bar is supposed to represent how you would feel, if you were boxing you would feel how tired you are, I've not quite workout to the programming to actually increase you heart rate in real life yet. You can level up in real life, you go to the gym, you train, you improve your stamina, you level up. Im starting to wonder if you even know what reality is. P.S the title is ironic. I strongly suggest you don't play Justin Smiths Realistic Summer Sports Simulator or you may end up writing him a letter to tell him Finladi Arabia is not a real country.