Reviews for "Realistic Boxing Simulato"

As a whole I like the game, but some little touch here and there would be nice...i know your goal is a minimalistic game, but it feels a bit too simple atm.

For example, I struggle to get the hang of landing punches, most of the time I feel i'm just trying my luck, is this also a prospect of realistic? If not maybe a brief explanation in the intro?

Also, I'd argue for a different sfx or HUD indicating critical hit, otherwise I don't see why I can suddenly lose all my health by a normal punch.
And maybe the sportscaster can refer the boxer by name, not just "He's getting too much shots". He seems to always say that when someone took a good beating, whether it's you or your opponent.

You can see the "unrealistic" BOXING by gamedesign for reference, it's also simple, fun and feels polished.

Lastly, i noticed this bug that if you pay your food bill, press the red "Back", then "Continue your career", you have to pay the bill again.

Thanks for the feedback,
My goal was minimalist but also because its my only option, I'm terrible at art, Id love to use pixel graphics but this is a free game so i can't afford to pay and artist to do the art for me.

The punches shouldn't just be luck, so maybe i do need to adjust that. You should feel that if you throw a Jab or a Cross from the correct distance it lands clean, makes a sounds and snaps the opponents head back. The best way to box is at range and try to time the punch with the opponent walking on to it. Up close and button bashing doesnt work well, Not saying thats what you were doing.

Also if your stamina is 0 then you won't punch.

the flash KO is just something that happens, At any stage 1 clean punch can end the fight, in boxing and also in this game. I actually didn't want it to be a bar or anything, it should be a shock, no indication at all.

You are correct about the bug, i used the wrong sort of attribute for the food bill, local instead of global, Ill fix it in an update.

I had a look at BOXING by GD, very nice, wish i had art like that!

Fun game but please check your spelling

colburt187 responds:

I can't believe you won the belt? your the first, congrats. I wasn't even sure if anyone would ever win it. What was your record when you got to the belt?

About the spelling, there probably are some typos, but the in game commentator is Scottish, so he says arum instead of arm, and punchees etc,

and the manager is from London so he says Sa'arday.

I hope I don't get fed to the pigs if I lose. :x

colburt187 responds:

haha, well done, my art wasn't that bad then. and yes you do, everyone gets fed to the pigs.

to hard

colburt187 responds:

its not to hard, its too realistic. Reality in your face brah, can you deal with it?