Reviews for "Gravity Den"

Awesome game... Part tetris, part donkey kong... You have to use your brain to solve the puzzles (sometimes quickly) to get the stars, and have to hit fiendishly-precise button combinations/timings to set a fast time (or even get through the level sometimes)...

This kept me thoroughly hooked, and as of this writing, I have all the stars and sit at #6 on the all-time high scores list...

(All I have to say about "much blood!!!" is: YOU BASTARD! THAT ONE TOOK ME LIKE AN HOUR!!! Lol)

There are a couple of niggling things that I don't really consider "drawbacks" as such, but little refinements you might make if you made a commercial version of this game (which I'm sure you could):

1) I remember the controls being a little loopy on a couple of occasions, but I really couldn't tell you how or where, since I was so sucked into trying to beat my high score/get all the stars...

2) Sometimes you can fall from a "crumbling" square, and still get pegged by the spike squares in the row/column beside it. Maybe try making it so that it auto-centres you on the square whenever you land on a "crumbling" square.

3) This last one is a problem in like 9/10 games that have spikes in them, but when you hit the /side/ of the spikes, you die. This just doesn't make any sense at all to me...

Denver2003 responds:

Nice review, thanks. I'm really happy that you've enjoyed my game. I will implement auto-center when i go commercial.)

Okay so ima little obsessed with this game. When I first started I really enjoyed the fact that you can change direction in midair, for i feel most of these gravity games only allow you to rotate once you hit a wall. With playing it more, that changed from enjoyment to complete hatred, but the good kind. Like the "Ima rape you but totally love our babies" hatred.

But seriously I really do enjoy this game. Graphics are great. Gameplay is challenging yet controllable . Im just beyond impressed. Good work.

Im gonna pretty much play all day until I get all the medals. Definitely Favorited.

Thanks, I appreciate that

really nice game! :D love it

Осoolительно!

Спасибо)

Aright. I finished the game, with three stars on all levels. As you can see from my score, I ejoyed the game. However, there's a few things I want to mention.

Since this game has so much potential, I would have considered making the first levels... No.. Actually adding a few levels before your first levels, apart from the tutorial, that would be slightly easier. I too made a game for this Stencyl Jam (thanks for playing it, btw), and I know that other people won't be as used to the physics/gravity as you, as the developer are. So a few more introductionary levels would have been nice. Also, If possible, I'd have liked if the levels restarted slightly faster after you fly off screen, since at least for me, this happened often. That is just a personal preference though.

You did a really good job with the medals in this game, btw!

Most of the level design was pretty good, although I would have changed the order of some of the levels. However, I've got no examples of such levels anymore; it's not a real issue.

The grafics, are perfect.

I, again, personally, would have liked it if the gravity switched slightly faster when you press one of the 'wads' buttons. As of now, you sometimes had to be very exact, so I'm thankful for my fast reflexes.

Finally, and this is something I almost never say, I think you should have chosen a nother song for this game. Don't take me wrong, I enjoyed the song at first. The issue I have is that the loop is kinda short, and above that, it's extremely repetitive. Also, I would've liked seeing who made the music, or if you made it yourself. Good choice for including a mute button though.

Thanks for a fun gaming experience, and I wish you luck in the contest!