For the month of April we have disabled ads on all E-M content. We need 96 people to reach our goal of 3,100 active supporters. If we hit that, we'll continue with a new goal in May!

Reviews for "GitGirl: Battle Rainbow"

This is actually a RAGING game make it eazier man :(

I was originally going to give this a 2.5 star rating, but decided to hold off since you seemed responsive to criticism. I am very glad I did. The recent changes made this a much more enjoyable game, and seemed to remove a lot of the frustrations I had playing it before. You obviously put a lot of thought and love into this game, and I look forward to seeing what you make next

Igmon responds:

Thanks! I'm actually glad to see some of these comments. First attempt at making a full-fledged action platformer may have been a little too much :P But in the end, I now have some nice foundations to work with.

I demand temporary invincibility when hit :l
No seriously, the bosses get to have it, ALONG WITH A HIGHER HEALTH BAR? There is a serious problem with that. Especially when Thunders Overpowered lightning balls keep double-hitting me for an instant kill, when they last too long to begin with.

Igmon responds:

There is temporary invincibility, I guess 1 second isn't too noticeable. Well, the latest version increased it to 2 seconds. That should even out the difficulty, especially with no upgrades at the beginning.

Wasn't quite a fan of this game, sorry.
- Controls were alright, but at times imprecise. For example, sometimes, I would clutch onto a wall to do a wall jump, while other times I would just kind of lightly tap the wall and not even attempt it (common among games with wall jumping)
- Power/ Charge Shot- This has been a staple of the Mega Man franchise and works well in those games. However, it doesn't quite work here. First of all, the arching pattern throws off everything. If you want to have your secondary items/ abilities as arching projectiles, that's fine since they can be useful (ie Axe from Castlevania). However, the main attack should not arch when the rest of your main attacks from straight lines.
-Another problem with the charge is that it gets in the way and harms you more than it helps. It can either do direct damage to your enemy (good), turn them around (weird but useful), stop them in their tracks, or just bounce off an enemy and back into you, stopping your momentum. The random effects kills any gameplay that you have going. Nothing like losing a quarter of your health because you go underneath a jumping boss, shoot her and stop her momentum, and have the boss falling on you when you should have been able to clear.
The charge also glitches out when you try to immediately re-charge after a shot. If you try and charge 2 shots in a row (which is a necessity against bosses since your regular attacks do nothing), you fire off a charge, send out a mini-star, and then charge up. This makes the enemy take the mini-star damage and get the temporary invincibility that will negate your power star.

Overall, it was a good attempt, but the game fails to be fun. It tries to go with the old-school hard, challenging, but high quality gameplay (like the early Mega Man series) and instead gets a pretty unforgiving difficulty level that's more frustrating than anything.

Igmon responds:

Thank you for the comment, in fact, I just updated the game recently to reflect some of the issues you encountered. You raised some good valid points.

Kind of a bummer in the controls part as that has been what I wanted to make sure I got right, since it's something I have been wrestling with on unity's engine for quite some time. I'll have to try some other method next time around.

Good game, but the controls feel terribly imprecise. I fell like I have to jam my fingers into the keyboard to get her to move, and even then its almost as if there's a delay on the movement.

Igmon responds:

Hm, I wonder if it's performance related. The way you describe it seems like anyone would have caught on to the issue as well. I'll keep an eye on it.