Reviews for "Summon the Hero"

TL;DR Good game, hard game, clunky feel, few small bugs, few interface problems, enjoy

This game has great potential! Here is my pro and con list

Pros:

Fairly unique combat system
(you have to pay to keep your units functional) which always begs the question how expensive a tower really is (aoe units get really cheap if you have a ton of enemies)

Ton of upgrades
and a penalty free reset system allowing for modifcations between levels (one of the many aspects that reminds me of kingdom rush which is not saying that this game doesn't have many original ideas)

Beautiful artwork and smooth animations.

Cons:

Very poorly discribed
(i.e.: The Tacticians first skill says: " To summon soul to any cell" what is a cell? What does it do exactly? Does it replenish my units? I haven't noticed any difference) Also all the "has a chance to aoe attack" if you are going to add randomness into such a tight fit game(which I do not approve of but thats just my taste :D) please let me know how high the percentage is so I can decide if it is worth it or not.
I still do not know for sure what the plus energy upgrade does(plus max energy for my units or more souls dropped?)

Clunky feel
What I mean by this is what has been partially said a few times in the comments: no unit rotation especially since vertical paths have way fewer options than horizontal (if this were not the case I doubt many people would complain that some towers just go in one or the other direction), units missing, your hero attacking even though the last unit would have still finished off the creep, trying to replenish units in a hurry and instead upgrading or selling them (maybe add a replenish slecetion where you only have to Lclick units).
Spells can not be cast before the first wave Oo? Why? The cooldown is on pause anyhow, I would enjoy not having to rush the gold generation and +range platform asap after the first wave. And please shortcut the spells to 1,2,3

Bugs/Typos:
Some upgraded units do not give back as many souls as it says on the tooltip and some standard units give back 29souls even though they were just build (I think this is unintentional but maybe not). I built shamans during the third level whilst a wave was coming and suddenly the creeps changed direction/walked over grass.

I really enjoyed the few hours I put into this game but in the end the stuff that annoyed me kept me from playing it all the way to the end.

Sorry for any typos/bad grammar

My character also changed when I started a new game over. I'm now a warrior, even though I was something else the last time I played.

The lack of changing direction of your towers is flat out annoying, it's not a good tactic in a game where your towers burn energy. I'd suggest a directional option as the towers have only X attack direction some levels become near impossible unless you're on top of killing your own and spawning new ones in other places just to cope with the lack of this feature.

I found a glitch that let me get full upgrades on level two...

- Buy level one upgrade, keep level two upgrade selected
- Click "undo"
- Now you can buy 4 gold worth of upgrades for 3 gold, and you get 4 gold back again when you hit "undo". You can do this all the way until you are fully upgraded (buy level 3, select level 4, sell, buy 13 gold's worth for 6 gold, sell again for 13). Basically an accidental "infinite money cheat".

(only works in "Forge" and "Tower of Magic")

Oh, and it would be nice to have tooltips for the spells during a battle. I had no idea what the hell they did and just clicked them randomly and hoped for the best.

Looks decent, I like the idea, but I couldn't play it. This game desperately needs quality options. It doesn't look good enough imo to warrant the slowness that plagues it.