Attention! We're rallying new Supporters to help us keep ads off Newgrounds!

Please consider becoming a Supporter today!

Shout out to @travsaus for megaphone tankman!

Reviews for "A Ghostly Journey"

A nice game play, geed controls. and the music set well with the mood.

TinSleeves responds:

Thanks ErinBaker

This game is awesome! I think it deserves front page. Totally a five vote!

TinSleeves responds:

Thanks :) Hopefully it makes the front page

This is great! I can't find any glaring issues with this game. The concept is cool and well executed and the gameplay is nice and smooth. The atmosphere and music are very nice, too.

Brilliant game, I quite enjoyed it. A few small issues, though, which although I didn't like them, they didn't detract from the game experience at all.

I did like the world map, and the inclusion of level L7, but a way to see which levels no longer had souls would have been nice also. I didn't exactly want to slog through a difficult level just to see if I had already gotten a soul there.
The other thing was the level 25 puzzle. It was perfect, although in addition to the hint on level 25, having the main character mention something like "That symbol looks important" would have been helpful also.

Both these issues are merely because I don't care for large amounts of re-treading and/or backtracking.

Now, onto the things I liked!

I really enjoyed the whole thing. The visual style never really clashed, although seeing some of the human characters in the church or castle environments did cause me to wonder why or how they'd be in there.

The controls were tight, and although the ghost occasionally felt floaty, I took that as intentional and a great opportunity for a reviewer to make a pun.

The sounds were great, and although the main theme got on my nerves after a bit, it didn't overstay it's welcome thanks to the soundtracks for the otherworld levels.

Overall, fix the re-treading/backtracking thing (this was overall, I didn't mind backtracking for secrets inside the levels themselves) and I would play the hell out of this all the time.

Best game on Newgrounds right now for me...The music is awesome,I love the gameplay and that little ghost is so cute! Also this game is freaking addictive!! I love it!!