Reviews for "Earth Taken 2"

This game played off better than the previous - it was so fun. Sorry for the late review:

The combat knife was added, stealth was improved, stealth kills were added, and you took a big step, you added the radiation- which made this game more realistic- than ever.

The knife brought much fun to the game. I definitely liked throwing an alien from wall to wall, then backstabbing them. I liked picking up the Leapers and stabbing through their stomachs- this made me feel like the ultimate resistance member.

What about the stealth? When I was behind someone in the previous game they'd instantly look at me & start shooting, then I'd start shooting. The game was all plain run'n'gun. However, this, took a big step. Whenever an enemy was below, I'd jump down whenever they looked away, backstab the first guy, get up again, and the second guy would look around, when he turns around, I'd jump down and stab him. When an enemy was above, I'd simply hit a trashcan and lure the enemy to me, and when they jump down, I'd give 'em a sharp surprise.

Radiation? This was the thing that told me to be quick, to not mess around. To tell me that I didn't have all the time in the world- and that I should be careful. This pushed me through in the last level, and I definitely liked how it was.

BUT

You totally ignored me, and forgot the chat we had with you. I liked the way most shooters were, but you didn't respect my opinion. I know you liked the old school way, but some people can't play this way.

There were 4 control options. None of them included the mouse gameplay... None.

This is why I cut a star in half and dumped a half of it.

SeethingSwarm responds:

Thanks for the great review and all the feedback! I'm glad you liked the new features in Earth Taken 2 :)

As for the control setups, I'm sorry, I didn't ignore you. I am very aware of the fact that many people are unhappy with the controls and would prefer a mouse aiming and shooting system. Unfortunately for you guys, this game series is purposely made for the few people like me who prefer keyboard setups. I'm sorry I couldn't cater for you guys, and if it wouldn't have meant remaking a huge part of the core game engine to incorporate mouse aiming, I would have. I tell you what, if I ever make another game similar to Earth Taken, I'll definitely include some mouse aiming action. This promise does not include Earth Taken 3 or any other Earth Taken episodes, (if I ever make them), because those will most probably be built on the main Earth Taken game engine.

Anyway, I'm really glad you enjoyed playing Earth Taken 2 in spite of the limited control setups. Thanks for giving the game such a high score :)

nice to see part two of this game love your games keep it up i haven't finished the game but i know its great.

SeethingSwarm responds:

Awesome :) Thanks for the 5 stars!

pretty good game, but some interaction with the other survivors shall improve it even more!

SeethingSwarm responds:

Yeah I agree, it would have been awesome to be able to perhaps order them around, or trade with them or just talk to them and learn about their characters. I'll def keep that in mind for future projects! Thanks for the feedback and the nice score, I'm glad you liked the game :)

Damn! it's been a WHILE since I last wrote a review. I rarely sign to newgrounds now days, but time to time interesting games appear like this that get my attention. I've go to say that this game was great. The graphics are good, the gameplay is fun, the animation is decent, but would be great if you fixed the part when you need to bring down a chained car on your enemies, would be great if showed them getting squashed instead of being hit. The mechanics are damn good and the design is better than the first game in my opinion. Your protagonist looks more battle-ready and more equip'd than in the first game. I really like the weapons and the upgrades along with the gas mask system. You did a fairly great job on the story too. But there's one thing missing........yes! you should really add armor upgrades that make your character look more bad-ass. Yup, the game could use appearance upgrade, but even without it it's damn impressive. Good job! I'm faving, giving it 5 stars and also, I'm adding you to my favorite authors.

SeethingSwarm responds:

Wow that's awesome! I'm honoured that my latest game compelled you to write a review. Thanks for all the feedback and suggestions. Armour upgrades is a great idea! I'll keep it mind for future projects and if I ever make a third Earth Taken. At the moment I'm busy working on "Enter The Flesh Again". It's a very ambitious project and will still take many months to complete, so if a third Earth Taken ever happens, it won't happen any time soon. Thanks for the 5 stars!

is this my dream game or what cuz it looks like it

SeethingSwarm responds:

Your dream game, Awesome, thanks for the 5 stars!