Reviews for "Scrap Metal"

This game wasn't really entertaining for me. I gave it a 2.5 because of the idea and the upgrades, but since this whole game is a game of chance, it's not real fun to play. You need more challenge, and more ways to use skill to win, not just guess by his stats what he's going to use. It's not a terrible game, certainly not bad for your 4th game, but just try to add a little more into it to give more entertainment to the fans. Think of what would be REALLY fun for you to play and try to implement some of those ideas into your next game.

DarkTimmy responds:

Yep! Totally agree! I think the idea of the game is better than the execution I did. I love the rock, paper, scissor concept but the AI doesn't really work as well as I hoped. I also think there could have been tweaks to the gameplay like a trainer or arm upgrades. Thanks for playing and taking a moment to comment! I do appreciate it. Best, -Tim

I was not that entertained by this game. It seemed like an awful lot of work just to get some medals. I couldn't really understand what the point of cheering or booing was. It seemed too complicated for itself. I would have preferred a more standard fighting game. There isn't much motivation to go on.

I do think that the designs are fairly good and it does seem like you were trying something different. I always appreciate that. It could just be more enjoyable. It seems like most people think this is okay, too. Those are my thoughts.

DarkTimmy responds:

Totally agree. I think the only thing pushing a lot of people through are the medals. Overall the game is a nice idea with some flaw that hold it way back. The game just doesn't seem to engage too hard with the variety. I am thinking about a sequel with some tweaks and new modes. Maybe that will do it! Thanks for the comment too! Best, -Tim (check out my Boss 101 sequel if you want to see the latest - my Newgrounds blog has the deets)

Hmm just seemed like I was randomly selecting combos... getting solidly PWND ore winning by KO....is there any strategy involved? If so I may have missed it.
a text speed option would be cool. or just a simple text that you read and press next instead of waiting for it to scroll.

Because if the old dude says clues it's too long and sometimes i sit through that text and get no clear tips...

no bugs smooth, sailin in'
Potential is there keep it up.

DarkTimmy responds:

Thank you! Agree there are some tweaks that would make it pretty nice. I think the concept is solid but the final product upon release was a little lacking in the long term gameplay department. Kinda strange too since I made a ton of art and did a lot of programming for it. Playtested well and got high marks. In the end though the only vote that counts it yours, not mine so much. HAHAHAH Thanks for the play and the comment, I do appreciate it! Best, -Tim

The idea is nice, but needs a bit more variety in the game play. Additional punches, special punch...but it'd something different

DarkTimmy responds:

Yeah - I think the idea and potential are solid but it is lacking some of the finer points of truly engaging gameplay. It's too bad too since I actually liked the concept here a lot. I feel it needs another round and then it will be pretty nice. It's funny that some of the main issues didn't really show up until it was out in the wild. In the playtests it did pretty well and I let quite a few people have a go at it. Rave reviews but I think we all know how those can not always be the best barometers! HA!! Thanks for the comment! Best, -Tim

Wth is this no skill number generating game? You can just put in the same 10 punches every time and keep doing so until you win. The actual stats barely seem to impact your chances of winning and the first fight is incredibly frustrating. Pretty bad.

DarkTimmy responds:

AGREE! Dang it!! HAHAH! Ah well, I did learn a lot from it and it was a fun go round to make. Maybe in the sequel or a major update! Thanks for playing and taking a moment to comment! I do appreciate it. Best, -Tim