Reviews for "Dark"

Only problem was that when a block was moving, you didn't move with the block you were standing on.

JackAstral responds:

Thanks for playing + reviewing!

Way too floaty and not at all apparent what direction you are meant to go. And the moving platforms just plain suck. If you're going to make it so everything fades in and out, programme it so you travel with the moving platform. I died so many times misjudging those damn things I just gave up.

JackAstral responds:

lol I did that on purpose to make it a bit harder. It's actually pretty easy if you know what way the platform is going.

Thanks for trying it out anyway- sorry to hear you didn't enjoy it.

A pretty good game. It's a bit slow-paced though. Another suggestion is to keep the words on the screen when it goes dark. Another thing is to put arrows as to where to go. Some points in the game I had to blindly jump into nothingness to find out where the next platform is.

JackAstral responds:

Aha true! I'm throwing in some more arrows in a patch now to make it easier to tell where to go.

Thanks for playing + reviewing!

I have to admit that this is a really game! I love how I just have no idea what's going on. It's hard to ask for more detail, because that is not the point of the game. I really like how everything moves so well. Even the parts where the screen goes blank aren't that difficult. I'm fairly certain those silhouettes are checkpoints.

It's just a game that seems to have no end. It's mostly because everything is so dark. Oh yeah, that's where you got the name. It seems like the protagonist keeps transforming. Not sure what that's all about.

lol thanks!

For the gameplay, this is too slow, not enough challenging. It was relaxing one level, boarding the 4 next
For the graphics, the character does not communicate any feeling. You don't see any anger, or guilt, or sorrow. The black outs that make the only challenge of the game should not hide the texts on the background. And the death is not indicated clearly enough (a visual flash, a time break would complete the sound jingle).
For the story, the most important. It doesn't make sense. Showing the different psychological states of acceptance is sure interesting. But only if you know the deception we're talking about. At first you think he either killed his girlfriend or killed himself. At the very end, you learn that his crime is completely different. Much more dreadful indeed, but this is not the point. And using the innocence of a child to put the focus on the guilt of an adult is a cliché. Don't use it.

JackAstral responds:

Yeah I made the gameplay pretty simple so the player could concentrate on the story.

Thanks for the suggestions- I'm working on a big patch now, so I'll throw some of your ideas in.