Reviews for "Tainted Olive - Chapter 1"

wow great game !!! really surprised me!! been a while i enjoyed a point and click game like this one!when can we hope for the sequence???

BlackOlive responds:

Thanks! If you're interested, you can play our other game as well. It's also a point-and-click adventure.

Chapter two will be available August or September (I know, quite a long time. But we do it right.)

How do I play the Mora game with the Ratman?

BlackOlive responds:

By cheating! You need something to win.

i play grey rainbow too --- the game this one is great but one thing --- how would you expected us to beat that rat guy without the crystal -- are we need to mesmerizing anything? like practiced until we know literally what that guy intended to do .

and next is --- is the thief a part of second chapter -- i try to throw lobster , hammer , fishing net , rat , poke sword into him but no avail .

BlackOlive responds:

You CANNOT beat Ratman without the crystal!

Edit: Oh yeah, and the thief is dead. It was important for me to make the world alive, so not everything that has happened or will happen will be explained. I know why the thief is lying there dead, but the players don't, and probably won't :)

I like how the gameplay is straightfoward and the story narrated clearly. This is one of few point and click games that I do not need the walkthrough.

This is an old school text based adventure with a great story and atmosphere.
The hand drawn characters and backgrounds add a feel of authenticity that draws the player in.
The dire, moody sounding audio track goes along well with our hero's bad luck streak, and keeps the anticipation up while each puzzle is explored.
My only gripe about this game is that I wish it were longer.
But as it's only the first chapter in the series, I suppose I should muster up more patience while I wait for the 2nd installment to come out.
Keep up the great work and don't stop making these gems!

BlackOlive responds:

The next chapter is going to be a lot longer. There are more milestones to cover (2 or 3), so expect it to be at least two to three times longer!

Glad you enjoyed the game!