For the month of February we have disabled ads on all E-M content. We need 215 people to reach our goal of 3,100 active supporters. If we hit that, we'll continue with a new goal in March!

Reviews for "Tainted Olive - Chapter 1"

Pretty good game. can't wait for the next one

This is a definite change of atmosphere from your last game. I've gone from loling at the "wizzard" to having chills shoot down my spine after reading the Rat-man's eerie rhymes, or witnessing the scene where I find the hammer...

I love the hand-drawn style, as with The Grey Rainbow.

I also really enjoyed the depth of the characters, but the downside to this is that I felt a bit cheated when the game finished after only about 25 mins of play. Lol.

It's great how everything is so well-laid-out and intuitive, but I found the puzzles a little sparse, and on the easy side (maybe I am just a genius, :P).

All my 5 are belong to this; I look forward to future chapters!

BlackOlive responds:

Well yeah, 25 mins after the hour and a half of Grey Rainbow seems like cheating, no? But remember this is just an introduction - all the following chapters will be longer, not sure how long though. Several times.

And there's only so many puzzles one can cram into a story-line before it feels padded ;)

Nice game! The hand drawn art was great! This is the first time in a while where I don't skip the dialogue because it's boring. Well done, up to part 2!

being honest, this kind of long and history based games are not my thing, but this one is very interesting and is the fist time i don't click like a retard skipping what the characters are saying.

so yeah is a very enjoyable game and i can't wait for the second part.

Darn good. I really enjoy the hand drawn art and was pleased to see nonhuman npcs that weren't furries or the stock elf, orc, dwarf lot. I'm hoping the next one will be just as well done!

BlackOlive responds:

Thankfully, my goal wasn't ever to recreate a DND-type world. When you break everything down into races, classes, hitpoints, weaknesses and the like, it makes for a bad story.