Reviews for "Tainted Olive - Chapter 1"

Can't wait for the next part!

BlackOlive responds:

Soon, soon :)

Lovely game. I like the dark mood of the game and especially the setting, a fantasy version of Porec. I wonder where the journey will take us next. Also, a very ingenious twist to the moro game; btw, who would have ever thought, it was connected to Morana ;)

Keep up the good work!

Really good, if a little short :( Loved the immersion, and the characters and game-play were very compelling! Can't wait for the second instalment! Thanks for your efforts!

It is time for a review!

I remember BlackOlive because of their great game "The Gray Rainbow". A lot of people really liked that amazing point and click adventure game, including me (still remember the squirrel <3 best character of the game). So I got a P.M. telling me about this new game of BlackOlive. Expectations were not high, not because they're not capable to replicate or even deliver something better, but because two different games are exactly that: two different games.

That being said, the similarities are the main reason this game is so enjoyable, while the differences are what makes it so worth playing it. Lets begin:

Graphically speaking, don't expect something great. The art-style is what makes this game awesome. Most point and click games are really all about art-style, so don't expect nice graphics. In the case of art-style, while being similar to the game previously mentioned, it has been improved. More defined, while keeping the child-fantasy theme. A welcome feature for me.

Onto the story: This time it is not as fleshed out as the previous one. You don't feel so invested in the characters, but then again, this is chapter one (you're not supposed to know everything about them). At least BO managed to create a great atmosphere and made you curious about the world here, even making you feel uneasy about the future. There is character development, however, as you can see Silvian becoming a little bit better man as the game progresses. The story is misterious but interesting. Perfect execution of it (tension is awesome!).

Sound: Now, the first game is remembered for the lovely choice of music. In this case, it is ok. While I do not feel like it was misplaced (epicness!), I don't feel the same joy of listening to it. However, it really fits the game, so I'm not complaining about that.

Gameplay: This game is more straightforward, which is cool for people that like to play games without investing too much effort. While I like this, I feel I could have enjoy some challenges here and there. Even with this, the gameplay remains second to the story.

Very good game, worth your time. I feel like you should definitely play it at least once (the love arc that is starting to reveal itself is good also). I can't wait to play the second chapter :D

4 out of 5.

Looking forward to future installments of this game! I loved the glossary you have in the menu; it shows thought and care put into the story. I hope to see more of that in the next games!

Yeah, the puzzles were easy (liked the box puzzle though; was worried it was a slider puzzle, so was very happy to see a new twist on that), but the story was engaging enough to overlook that.