Reviews for "FlapBound"

Excellent

Flapbound Mobile?

Kcori responds:

I appreciate the interest but I'd have to pay subscription fees for mobile stores, and I don't want to monetize this game because I don't think it's right to make money off of clones or fangames.

I'd never played the original Flappy Bird (not that this has anything to do with that, totally not being inspired by it and all) but now I think I can see how it got popular. Of course, EarthBound is my favorite game ever (not that that has anything to do with it, also totally not being inspired by it), so that gains some bonus points in my book. What I like most are the incentives for scoring higher. Even if it is just a change of scenery and music and no real gameplay change, they help keep it interesting. Also, you did a great job on the suspiciously-similar-substitute songs and graphics - they're more than close enough to bring back all the good memories of the game and its designs, but still unique enough to show you put a bit of effort in them. It's much harder to make a loving parody than it is to make a direct rip-off, and you did the former very well. Also, good job with the pencils - keeps things from getting too monotonous.

Could I ask how many different locals there are total? It may be a while before I can find them myself, and I'd like an idea of how many I'm shooting for, if you don't think it's a spoiler.

Kcori responds:

Thanks for the review! There are 5 different locations, including the one you start with, called 1tt, which is totally not inspired by Onett. :]

Nice game. Nothing too impressive, but having Ness's head flying around is pretty fun.
[Spoiler]
I wish I could have a ticket to Technology.
[Spoiler]