Reviews for "FlapBound"

Amazing parody mashup, so fun, and so satisfying in many ways! :)

First of all, the Earthbound inspired graphics and music are nostalgic and amazing, really involving and enthralling. Good stuff. I also like how the messages that pop up (when you knock down a present, gain a point, erase a pencil statue or die) are inspired by Earthbound's battle system messages. Some sceneries (like Technology and that other one) give me a bit of an eye sore, but they are also cool.

Also, the gameplay is the best Flappy Bird parody I've seen so far. First of all, it's got more of an objective than Flappy Bird, with the present collection feature being more or less a quest element added into the mix, leading us to many different places, all inspired by Earthbound sceneries, but with the same core gameplay. Also, there's also the pencil statues and the erasers, making it so that the in-game features themselves are different from those of Flappy Bird.

Another thing I like is that, for some reason, this game manages to be a lot less frustrating than Flappy Bird. I can't tell if the flapping is smoother or the gaps are larger, but most of the time, this game felt a lot more forgiving, and therefore less enraging, than Flappy Bird.

I tend to hate Flappy Bird and anything related to it, there's just nothing in it for me, but this game is the exception. This game is enjoyable, satisfying, nostalgic and addicting.

Pretty fun, A 8-bit/Earthbound/Flappybird game. Its a good challenge. I suck at it, but even if I failed I always wanted to retry again (and laugh about it) and if a game makes you retry and laugh at your own failure, I say thats a good game.

The game are great,challenging and addicting and it perfectly suits Earthbound theme to it but like other people said,

some of the game levels are a bit laggy and hard to play because of wild moving backgrounds so i hope its fixed OR make it like, another type of difficulty.

And, if can, you could added some more entertainment to the game like, make another type of character like, the white dog (i forgot its name) or Lucas from Mother 3.

So, for the rating, its 4.5 stars to me because (another problem) the levels are at random, so its kinda annoying due to some levels are lagging and a lot of stress from failing a lot of times playing adds a lot to it.

And for the last review, this game could become popular if added to Google Play or iStore BUT, the words that came out from the founder of Flappy Birds stated that his game have become a problem to the world because of massive addiction to the game but was intended to ONLY play when relaxed. So he removed the game. So keep in mind just for that.

But overall, great game and don't give up. : )

Ok, so I LOVE Earthbound and the rest of the Mother series but I honestly can't find myself to like this game.

So the music and graphics look great as everything is spot on with the similarities to Earthbound visually. Even the menus and the gifts as well as the trippy background.

But the controls are a mess. Like Nuss is really heavy and feels like just drops faster than the actual Flappy Bird. The hit detection and the interaction is terrible as there were times when I was passing through the houses and I barely hit a house and I still die. Plus it does lag quite often too which adds more to the frustration.

Overall this is a great attempt but a lot could be improved.

Let me start off by saying that I didnt play Earthbound as a kid.
Since I grew up with the Playstation, I didn't really know Earthbound until the internet gave me this information about this amazing game.
Well, I kinda played Earthbound, but didn't finish it cuz the Emulator screwed up without able to save the game or a save state so I got unmotivated to finish it. And I kinda dislike turn based combat.

So, THIS GAME. A mix between flappybird, which I also got addicted into, and Earthbound.
I love this this version of yours more than the others because it actually feels as good as the mobile game.

Cons, though, is that the inifnite well(?) stage and the stage where there are seizure inducing green stuff makes my game lag the heck up. Making it unplayable on those stages.

And why I hate this more is that I GOT A SCORE OF 169 AND I SOMEHOW DIDNT GET TO BE IN THE LEADERBOARDS! ;_;
Proof of my score on my newspost.

Still, as great as flappybird. :3

Kcori responds:

Sorry about your score not being posted! Did you hit the submit score button?