Reviews for "Shards of Fate"

It's different from a casual NG film. I think if you made it for the purpose of a NG film it would have been better?

Kofdizz responds:

I suppose. Thanks for the feedback!

The sound effects need a little work. If I closed my eyes it would have just been a DBZ rip off. That isn't exactly bad per se, but again, DBZ is how old? How many people who invested in it would sue you for the sounds if you did try and make money off of this? Knowing human kinds patience for some thing like this showing up, I imagine a fair number of english translators, VAs, and so on would sue you. Other than that though, I am a little curious about this as a potential series. Starting with a prequel to show what the planet of the rock was like before the war, and then how it changed during the war. Maybe have a nice and broad range of characters remembered in universe as heroes. Any way, the animation feels stiff, but the style is quite interesting; while the story could use a bit more explanation. For example, why is the rock so special? What makes those who obtained shards of it unique? Why is it on this one planet? Stuff like that.

Kofdizz responds:

All valid points; thanks you for your feedback and for watching!

You have talent man. Although the anatomy was a bit sloppy and some awkward cutscenes here and there, I felt that a lot of effort went into the latter part of it. Overall it was a solid thesis film, you did good. I have mine submitted somewhere on here, and it pretty much was struggling with some music sync/ sound sync irregularities and issues just like this film had. My suggestion would be to take the time to hone in those skills, starting with a tight storyboard and script already finished before starting the animatic (let alone the animation). It's doing wonders for me. Take your time. Also, you described in your comments section about polishing your story a little more and tweaking effects. Don't. I would suggest moving onto a new animation, or better yet a brand new story– trust me, I've tried polishing my old work and it ended up being a waste of time. This is a lengthy review, but the reason I'm saying this is because you have a lot of potential dude. Continue to make new art (er animation) and keep posting updates here, you've gained my curiosity and thus my subscription. Keep animating!!!

Kofdizz responds:

Thanks for the feedback and for watching! What's the name of your thesis? I'd love to see it!

The Good:
there was a time when I felt Like i was watching dbz again! the fight was decent and the voice work.

The Bad:
I don't like the fact that you rush it right away into the fight! you could have build up the suspense. Maybe you could have done it on Episode 2. I couldn't even get familiar with the Protagonist name.
my advice start over with something else it's too! late to go back now! if this what you started with! i,m surprise they gave you a B- I say more like a C+ nah! a Regular C, sorry! man it was rush that's what killed for me! don't take this to heart, I don't grade like a normal viewer.

Kofdizz responds:

Thanks for your feedback, and for watching!

It's nice to see someone try this kind of animation style, even though it did come out kind of stiff. The whole thing was kind of campy, but sometimes came off as just lame.

Kofdizz responds:

I appreciate the feedback; thanks for watching!