Reviews for "Labyrinth: SoS"

My type of game. Damn good. :)

PestoForce responds:

Hey, thanks! That means a lot coming from you, I love your stuff!

Awesome concept, great game.

Thanks brother!

For me this is a REALLY well done game!

- First off the gameplay: controls are simple, responsive and easy to learn and the game keeps itself fresh, level after level, by putting new upgrades and enemies!
While I think that the random-generated levels are fun to explore I also found them a little bit inconsistent in level design. Don't get me wrong: I think it's impressive how you can nuke entire portions of the level, but still be able to complete it without worrying too much!
...But maybe some more defined structures (like the little pyramids you can find here and there, for examples) could make every dungeon a little more "unique"!
One little thing: when you get the map it's blank no matter how much of the level you've already explored. What about taking track of which sections you visited even before getting it?
Also, what about a save feature? I'm not talking about checkpoints, but the possibility to interrupt the game without losing everything!

- Sounds and music are really good, but maybe 1 or 2 more tunes wouldn't have hurt!

- Graphic: while I think that tiles and backgrounds are a little generic I just ADORE the character design of both hero and enemies. I wanted to try this game just for that little red devil! The colors, the animations, the little touches (like when you stand near an edge)... I simply love every single part of it!
What about adding the helmet you're wearing to all the animations (it disappers, for exaple, when I swing the blade)? That would make it perfect!

Bottom line: I really enjoyed this game, and I'll be back for more!

PestoForce responds:

Awesome! Glad you're enjoying it!

A lot of your suggestions are things we'd like to add in a sequel. Thanks for the review!

Luis's artwork, godly as always.

PestoForce responds:

He is a god among men :-)