For the month of February we have disabled ads on all E-M content. We need 207 people to reach our goal of 3,100 active supporters. If we hit that, we'll continue with a new goal in March!

Reviews for "Astroman"

Awesome game, the graphics are great, I enjoyed the tutorial and voice acting was outstanding!
This truly desires to be a top Newgrounds game!

Quite great, liked it a lot :) the presentation seems so adorably refined, with characters that move smoothly, graphics and music in a professional level, and pretty decent voice acting, it's great stuff.

The gameplay style itself was projected following all possible guidelines for making a game enjoyable, like satisfactory animations when we blow things up, pleasant sounds when we collect stars and also very smooth, fluent and excellent controls including a pleasant array of character moves that's thankfully not too big to be confusing and bloated.

The game's addicting and enjoyable, collecting stars while sliding around to make combos, bouncing on meteors, attempting to get each stage's high score, all that with smooth controls and satisfying visual and auditive cues, all indicative that the people involved in making this game are knowledgeable in game design.

secondstamp responds:

Much thanks for such a detailed review.

Very fun game, I loved the animations and also great voices! However I came across a bug during my second attempt at playing the moon level. I was standing to the left of the screen when a meteor hit me and knocked me off the screen. Meteors continued to fall and the timer carried on ticking, and all I could see was a shadow moving left to right on the ground when I tried to move. When the timer reached 0, the shadow moved over to the ship and just kept bouncing off, which I assume was Astroman trying to return to his ship to leave. However I didn't have any issues after that! Great game!

secondstamp responds:

Oh! We've heard of this one once before. Looking into it. Thanks so much for the comment and the score. Appretiate it.

this game is so lovely, voices too cool, but a bit annoying to get last planets

you should release a xmas edition

secondstamp responds:

What would a Christmas Edition of Astroman look like..? Would we have an icy planet?! Does Astroman go to the North Pole? Or do we simply add snow to the existing game and release it as paid DLC? Haha.

Really solid game. I like how much work was put into the whole thing. The kind of game isn't to my liking (I only opened it because it was billed as a platformer, and I don't think it qualifies), but the animation, voicework, and music are so good I gave it a few more levels than I would have otherwise.

secondstamp responds:

That's so kind of you. Thank you.