Reviews for "Eden Episode 2"

Still loads of questions, but there's a definite sense of direction. Like a mystery worth figuring out. Your art's awesome and your characters sure as hell are interesting. Looking forward to the rest.

CartoonCoffee responds:

Thanks that's exactly what i was going for! I'm glad I was able to keep that air of mystery without going too far and being obnoxious. I have grand plans for the future episodes, I hope I can keep things interesting.

Wow, Smochi really shines in this episode. That was a lot to say in one breath lol. Based on the video description I have my theories about the direction you're trying to take this series in and if I'm right it could prove to be very interesting. I'm looking forward to the next episode.

CartoonCoffee responds:

Yeah I'm glad I was able to get her a bigger part this time around, she really did a great job.

Hahaha, I hope you haven't figured it out so soon. I would like to keep the surprises rolling as long as possible. I can't wait to hear your thoughts on the next episode.

Nice to see you got Front Paged even though you didn't get any award, you really deserved it.
I can't wait to see what happens next. I've actually been following you since Kaiblade, as I hope you take this series to at least a near end lol.
About the animation, it's nicely done, the story is intriguing and the personalities on the characters are deep. The only thing bugging me (as always coming from you), is how short each episode is, as it drives me crazy!
Looking good so far and your growth on animating is astonishing!
Keep up the good work, hoping to see more soon!

Take care

CartoonCoffee responds:

Wow, thanks for sticking around so long!

It's always shocking to hear someone mention Kaiblade. Eden in some ways in a spiritual successor to Kaiblade, so anyone who knows what that is hopefully might enjoy this series a bit.

Unfortunately I had to drop Kaiblade for a few reasons, and COTR was to practice some new animation styles, as well as to find a new art style. I would still like to give COTR a decent season finale at some point.

Eden is kind of the real deal, I still got a lot of practice to do, but there is no reason for me to not finish this one. I'm aiming to wrap up the series in full by the end of the year, so it might be a bit short. I may extended it if it seems to be an interest to people, but for now that's the plan.

Hahaha I hear that complaint a lot. I'm sorry if my episodes are a bit short, but that's how I keep myself from getting overwhelmed.

I try to improve at least a little bit each animation, I've already begun on episode 3. And I've got a neat bag of tricks I've learned recently to improve the quality, so I can't wait to share that with Newgrounds soon.

Thanks for the comment!

Mmmh this is actually quite good, if you ignore all the cliches with legend, the hyperactive girl and the main character, his chosen one powers, and his memory issues, however, the philosophical moments at the cafe really do help to save this series, so i went and wathced the first one and indeed it has the same issues, plus i noticed that extremelly unecesary shaky camera, man that was funny.

All in all this deserves top 3 and more, top 1 just on aesthetics, and well it has too much over used elements for now and the story is still early to say anything good about it, but yeah, who knows maybe it gets better, maybe is just another one of those.

CartoonCoffee responds:

Most series do seem a bit cliche at first so I'm alright with a few people thinking that.

I don't want to say too much, but there is more than one story line that can be followed in this series. The most obvious one will be the least exciting in my opinion, but should be engaging enough to grabs people's attention anyway. I think the series will really appeal to those who digs deeper into the story and start dragging out their own interpretations.

Thanks for the review

Dude, this is super high quality with the writing and the visuals and everything. I'm really enjoying the story unfold so far, well done!