Reviews for "Crystal Story II"

i really like the 'instant action' approach and much of the art, but by the end i find myself left with deja vu. there's a fair amount of depth, and a ton of people were in on this. so that's really cool to see, as well as so many medals.

out of 10....

GFX - 7 (bright, but major grain in battles and missing animations, chopppy transitions)
SFX - N/A (no soundcard here)
DESIGN - 7 (very clear, well-thought, but little innovation)
GAMEPLAY - 5.5 (tired mechanics, i've played this game before)

overall, this is indeed a finely polished title. It has everything someone perhaps less burnt-out by RPG's would love. I don't have the time or energy to invest into it, and with no idea of how long this game is in total (minutes? hours? days?), i'm not prepared to re-play what i have long felt is virtually the same design we have seen since FFIV, and that was nearly-perfected in Chrono Trigger 15 years ago...

But again, here is a polished and in-depth title with a lot to offer and real quality behind it. it'll get featured if it hasn't already.

Overall, this was an enjoyable game. There was a lot to do and you could feel your characters growing in power. There are some pretty big faults though.

The Good: I thought that the leveling system was fantastic. The music was enjoyable. The artwork was top-notch. I was never really bored playing.

The Bad: The story was derivative and not particularly engaging, but I appreciated the humor, especially a lot of the 90s pop culture references. The menu system needs a major overhaul as it was often frustrating to navigate. The barrage skill is a bit too powerful in boss fights. The chest opening mini-game needs a speed-up function.

it's alright

Great game. It gives a feel of the rpg genre with a twist of choosing the way the characters function. Its an interesting game and i like it. Problem is i feel playing this game is a chore for me and me alone, songs are good even if they are short and loopy, suggestions as to make them loop smoothly.

not half bad