Reviews for "Idle Farmer"

Very impressive AI and simple gameplay, good animations but I have to say that the game is very slow.

marsiskickass wrote "It takes forever to get marrried, in fact it's not even worth the effort"... just like real life!

People are complaining that it takes too long to do things, but not all games are made to be beaten in an hour! I let this idle overnight, and had enough money and flowers to nab a wife.

My main problem is instructions. Like, what is the eating thing about? What does it do? Why would I eat my eggs instead of sell them? Also, what is the "collect eggs" thing all about? Is it an automatic collect if I don't do it myself? A help menu would be nice!

Junjo responds:

Actually, you CAN eat your eggs by pressing the wife "LUNCH" button. The effect is a temporaly boost on your skills. And yes, that skill of your wife allows her to auto-collect the eggs when you let the game "idle".

after 4 chickens I quit the game as the cost for a chicken far outweighed its produce in any meaningful sense of time. for the love of god check the math. not to mention that the leader board is so broken that its pointless to even try to get on it. I mean look at them (at time of review) #1 and #2 are at 2+ million followed by 2 700000 and then #5 and down is at under 50000. this is just a plain bad mess. there is no enjoyment, there is no play value, this hardly even is a good time killer, but 1 star because it does seem to have some effort put into it, but just not very good checking

It's only worth playing for about 20 minutes, by then most realize costs go up exponentially which blows, compared to crops that sell for just twice as much as the last.

I kept going at it and married Dana, and before I did it offered her ability of watering crops. Perfect! No, not so. She just stood there and waters all four plots for about 1 second and resets to a minute timer. That's bullshit, dude. Don't fuck us with long grinds followed by vague promises.

Tool upgrades and compost upgrades are nice, but again after like level 35 the costs are extreme. Extremely stupid, that is. Best way to get ahead as fast as possible is buy new seeds whenever you can and use prosper on the crop quota guy and hope he offers a task for easy crops with huge payout.

Upgraded house. Okay, 20,000, 100,000, 500,000... then it was like what, 6 million? Absolutely retarded. Buying chickens? After buying just five, they cost 2.2 million each. It's either another case of creator never playing their own game, or not realizing mathematical numbers enough.

Even though I dumped all my stats into harvesting, with high tool levels, harvesting just still takes too damn long. And thanks to the game's vagueness that my deadbeat wife would actually water crops than just stand there, I felt like ending my time then and there. I feel like if I get a baby born the game would charge me 10 million just for that to happen, it's so dumb.

And about scores, oh look. They're hacked, already. Doubt creator cares. The entire game is fail, the concept of "idle" farming is ruined based on the skyrocket pricing and lack of details.

Junjo responds:

- money & time costs: There are things that are not well balanced, this is almost my first game and I probably I have to polish many things. However, the time needed to do things increases from minutes to hours and in the long term, few days... including having more chickens on your farm. This is an idle game, I don't expect that you earn those millions playing active, but letting the game in background for hours.

- Wife watering: water for 1 sec every 1 minute means that your crops grow up about 2.5% faster, so, when you let the game idle, you earn 2.5% more money, 2.5% more exp (for harvesting 2.5% more often) and get 2.5% more flowers (leveling up your wife faster too). Is that really a bullshit?

- Scores: I assure you that I care a lot. As I said, this is my first game, and after seeing those scores I'm learning about what parts of this kind of games can be hacked and how. In fact, I've just added an encryption on the save file (that was very easy to hack), and some checks on the code (but I'm sure there's much more work to do about it).

Very fun game, reminds me of harvest moon. But it takes WAY too long to get a wife, and upgrading your house does nothing to make it faster.